What are you baking today? | 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like I'm doing Blueberry Sour Cream Scones...that's what Shrek wants for his birthday dessert, tomorrow.

And Brownies for Birthday Eve...:rolleyes: He's just plain devious...:glare:
I would love that scone recipie if you're willing to share.:yum:

Happy Birthday to ShreK!:)

I gathered up all my forgotabouts (frozen black banana, diced mango and sliced peaches) from the back of the freezer and I am making a banana walnut tiara cake with peach and mango filling. I'll serve it with whipped cream. It just came out of the oven, but I'll snap a picture before I cut it.

It was my intention to bake http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/alixs-lemon-pie-61088.html#post858892

But doofus here forgot to add the lemon juice and zest. We now have an egg meringue pie. It's a bit too sweet. I betcha it would be lots better with lemon.

Well, I have put the lemon juice and zest in the fridge. Good thing the short crust recipe Alix gave was for two crusts. I have the other one in the fridge. I'll try this again tomorrow.

It was my intention to bake http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/alixs-lemon-pie-61088.html#post858892

But doofus here forgot to add the lemon juice and zest. We now have an egg meringue pie. It's a bit too sweet. I betcha it would be lots better with lemon.

Well, I have put the lemon juice and zest in the fridge. Good thing the short crust recipe Alix gave was for two crusts. I have the other one in the fridge. I'll try this again tomorrow.

A nice blank slate for some fruit, be it mandarins or cherries to go on top.

img_1100283_0_580677f1c28e40792d14f0ccc9aee4b3.jpg

Oh my gosh that looks good. I made some chocolate chip cookies tonight.

The fragrance from the oven is about to kill us. I made two baguettes, but to make them even more enticing I added almost a whole head of roasted garlic to the dough during the kneading cycle. Can you say, "garlic bread?"

Baking a banana bread for a friend plus cookies for the nurses two kinds peanut butter with peanuts and mini chocolate chipe and oatmeal raisin. Then some lime cookies with a lime glaze for us to try tomorrow. Dinner at Ma's:LOL:
kades

I've baked vanilla cupcakes to be iced tomorrow morning as we are having friends over. I wanted something simple to make and as I mix it in the food processor, it was a quick job this evening. Just thinking about icing tomorrow...might do chocolate ganache for the adults and icing with coloured sprinkles for the kids.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake w/Toasted Pecan Filling

Today, made Carole Walter's Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Toasted Pecan Filling (Oct. 2009 Fine Cooking Magazine). Decadent!! I don't indulge in something like this often, but once in a while....yum. I'm surprised my arteries are still working tonight:chef:!​

Chocolate chip cookies for sure. Contemplating a pie or a cake for dessert. Pound cake sounds good. I am also planning on putting together some pizza dough and will likely prebake a few rounds to put in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom