What are you eating Tuesday August 24, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Brunch was rotisserie chicken, Thumann's red skin potato salad and watermelon.

chicken_potato_salad_watermelon_082421_IMG_8480.jpg

Dinner was Pan fried skirt steak and red skin potato salad.

skirt_steak_082421_IMG_8483.jpg

We will be having a salad with chicken and chèvre. I have everything prepped and ready to go on the table. So, we can eat as soon as we have put away the grocery order. It's my once a week produce (plus) order. They are currently estimating that they will be here at 17:45.

I'm making Bacon BBQ Chicken Bombs and baked potatoes. The chicken is a new recipe, chicken breast filets pounded and then stuffed with half a jalapeno that was stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese and shredded cheddar, then rolled up & wrapped with bacon!

I saw the recipe and just had to try it. On our last camping trip, a friend made Smoked Chicken Wrapped in Bacon and then slathered with BBQ sauce. It was a big hit. I'm hoping this just takes it one step further into Wonderland!

Wish me luck!

Lunch was baked egg with bacon and cheddar sandwich on a croissant, with hashbrowns. It was good!:chef:

We're working over leftovers. I'm finishing off last night's pasta and scallops, Himself is working over the kielbasa he tossed on the grill when he did pork chops.

Went to linner (late lunch/early dinner) one town up from us.

IMG_0793.jpg

DH ordered Soft Pretzels and a Chef Salad, HUGE and loaded with goodies!

IMG_0794.jpg

Mom ordered the "Early Bird Special" Meatloaf dinner

IMG_0795.jpg

and I the EBS Beef Tips.

All quite tasty and $7 off the regular Dinner menu price!
Good Deal.

(This was a new-to-Mom restaurant that we have been to many times before, but it had fallen out of graces with DH & I, but we figured we'd give it another shot with Mom-not too bad)

Today is my baby sister's birthday. To celebrate the usurper's birth, we had three courses tonight. First, delectable fresh peaches....and then waited for what became the third course to be done. The second course was ham and swiss sandwiches with fresh tomatoes. I had mine on rye toast. The third course was Maryland crab soup. All pretty yummy.

The usurper who lives north of Chicago had shrimp, steak, potatoes, asparagus, etc. etc. etc. It will be her birthday week because she has four kiddos who are vying to treat her to dinner, and several friends who want to treat her as well. But...I'm not jealous. Much. ;)

Last edited:
We will be having a salad with chicken and chèvre. I have everything prepped and ready to go on the table. So, we can eat as soon as we have put away the grocery order. It's my once a week produce (plus) order. They are currently estimating that they will be here at 17:45.

It was almost exactly 17:45, when the basket arrived.

This was supper. A salad of young rainbow chard, sorrel, curly green lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, sliced scallion greens, and carrots. I put that on the table with the sliced chicken breast, the chèvre, green, zaatar seasoned olives, capers, toasted pumpkin seeds, and the obligatory creamy dressing. I also had a half a slice of rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread) with butter. We had some Spanish rosé with that. It turned out very tasty and satisfying.

Ready to assemble:

Salad with chicken and chèvre, ready to assemble.jpg

My assembled plate:

Salad with chicken and chèvre with rugbrød.jpg

Today is my baby sister's birthday. To celebrate the usurper's birth...It will be her birthday week because she has four kiddos who are vying to treat her to dinner, and several friends who want to treat her as well. But...I'm not jealous. Much. ;)
I take it that you are the second-youngest in your family? :LOL: Frank needs to take on the mantle of celebrating "Kathleen Birth Week" next time your day comes around. Just sayin'...

A friend dropped off a few pieces of bbq chicken yesterday, in return for the produce they often get from me. I had a piece, along with my usual tomatoes, and the only thing that I cooked yesterday was some comfort food I hadn't made for a while - some corn grits, with cheese and chipotle. I make those with some steel cut oats, to make them more nutritious, but the main flavor is the grits. I used 2/3 c grits, plus 1 c steel cut oats (more later). And I cut the bad spots and cores out of some tomatoes, and blended them with 3 canned chipotles, plus 3 moritas, with a little water, until totally smooth. I put this in the measuring cup, and rinsed out the Vitamix with a little water, to get about 4½ c, and mixed all this in the Instant Pot, adding a little salt. I cook this on "porridge" for 5 minutes, then let the pressure reduce 20 min. It's a little thin, but if these types of things are too thick, when pressure cooked, they stick. Then I add another 1/4 c steel cut oats, and cook on slow cook, while getting other ingredients ready. I grated at least a cup of pecorino, and got about 3/4 c cheddar - I think it was colby I had. Something I remembered doing last year, which I did again, to use it up - put some okra in it! I had just under a quart of it from the last few days, that I had to use, so I cut it up, stirred it in, and slow cooked another 15 minutes, then stirred all the cheese in. The okra was still slightly crunchy, even when I reheated it, for breakfast this morning!
A chipotle/cheese grits and steel cut oats mix, with some okra added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

<<Today is my baby sister's birthday. To celebrate the usurper's birth, we had three courses tonight. First, delectable fresh peaches....and then waited for what became the third course to be done. The second course was ham and swiss sandwiches with fresh tomatoes. I had mine on rye toast. The third course was Maryland crab soup. All pretty yummy.>>

Your dinner sounds like a great one! Have you ever tried steaming the sandwich meat, just to switch things up a bit? I got the idea from Firehouse Subs...and I often use their menu for inspiration too. Just kicks a sandwich up a bit and is quick and easy to do too.

My plate of dh's birthday dinner. He had to grill his filet mignon's at home because Covid is raging in our little town and we are not going out anywhere. I fixed huge ears of corn and large baked potatoes and he grilled the filets...his was larger than mine! Chocolate carrot cake is in another thread.

Attachments

• IMG_3735.jpg
    IMG_3735.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom