What are you eating Tuesday September 14, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Lemon herb chicken salad, faro salad, sesame noodles and a glass of fresh lemonade. (I only ate about a 1/4 of that plate of food)

lemon_herb_chicken_faro_salad_091421_IMG_8625.jpg

Dry-Rubbed (Garlic-Jalapeno Rub) Porterhouse in the Air Fryer, Garlic Mash with Onion Gravy, Steamed Cauliflower...

Steak , Porterhouse, Dry Rubbed - 9-14-21.jpg

From my neverending collection of leftovers, I made each of us a small salad. Chicken - gone! Little tomatoes - gone! Baby mozzarella balls - gone, almost. There is one hot dog left. After that, I'll dip into the stash of TJ's nibbles.
IMG_20210914_184728820.jpg

Just finished making burger patties for the freezer and potato salad for tomorrow's lunch...thinking I'll make Stroganoff for dinner. It is quick and since I've been making it since before my pre-teen days, I can practically make it in my sleep...LOL. But, I do use a better cut of beef for it, these days!

I fired up the Weber kettle to grill a couple of ribeyes. Also made some Italian green beans for a side. Sorry, no photo. Trust me, it was good.

Just finished making burger patties for the freezer and potato salad for tomorrow's lunch...thinking I'll make Stroganoff for dinner. It is quick and since I've been making it since before my pre-teen days, I can practically make it in my sleep...LOL. But, I do use a better cut of beef for it, these days!

OOH!!!

56875-albums1086-picture6945.jpg

I was just thinking about Ground Beef Stroganoff this morning, Ginny!
I was going through my "Food Photo" and saw that ... from my kid days, Mom made this often. Hamburger was only 50¢/lb when I was growing up.
MAN!
Now my mouth is watering, dang it all!

sigh.jpg

*sigh*

Ham sandwich on toasted honey wheat w/ lettuce & tomato, PopCorners chips, watermelon cubes, and SF white chocolate pudding. Mom had her grilled cheese & tomato sandwich with strawberries.

Postdrome from Sunday's migraine seems to be continuing. I don't feel bad, just not very competent, so we ordered pizza. It was a "Mory Combo". It was yummy.

sablefish.jpg
Sablefish in miso glaze, broiled in the Breville smart oven. I didn't have anything else, just the sablefish. It's in season right now, my favourite fish, my favourite time of year!

Today I made a jambalaya like dish in the Instant Pot, without the ham or sausage, to use up the 3 cups or so of okra I had, plus about 3 c of cooked brown basmati rice I had. I chopped up a large onion, followed by 4 jalapeños and 5 Numex, one ripened, all chopped up, plus about a tb of minced garlic, a tb of fresh thyme, 5 fresh bay leaves, plus a half tsp of ground cloves. I also added a can of corn on a whim - something that was right next to the 28 oz can of diced tomatoes I was getting; I also chopped up 5 small fresh tomatoes, to use them up. I put in 1/3 c oat groats (emptied the jar), and 1/2 c dry white vermouth, and simmered it for about 30 minutes, before adding the cooked rice, to heat through. While all that was cooking, I peeled about 14 oz of thawed shrimp, and sautéed it on only one side in a skillet (so this wasn't a one dish meal), and set aside. When the oats and rice were done, I stirred the shrimp in, and cooked it 3 minutes, and that was it!
Jambalaya like creole dish, before adding the shrimp, for the last 3 minutes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Shrimp, browned on just one side, before adding to the dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dish, after cooking the last 3 minutes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished jambalaya type dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom