What are you eating Saturday, June 24, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breaded chicken with a sprinkle of fresh lemon juice and broccoli rabe.
chicken_broccoli_rabe_062423_IMG_1162.jpg

@msmofet, I gotta try broccoli rabe. I've never had it.

I had a plate of greens, veggie brown basmati rice, and sweet potatoes. I still have a large meal sized salad I may eat half of it. I'm really enjoying having baby kale and arugula from the garden. Rain is coming tonight for us, yippee!

I'm making one of dragn's suggestions from sometime back: Creamy Garlic Chicken with Mushrooms - it has been good the first couple of times and I think it will be that again tonight. Serving it over large, flat noodles.
1687659035407.png

I have found that it works best, with CMT, to use the share button and copy the URL for the recipe from that.

Yeah, if a recipe author asks CMT not to share their recipes, CMT won't. So, give us the link to the original recipe.

We had hanger steak with mushroom-potatoes on the side, fresh corn, cucumber salad and fresh pineapple. The hanger steak was in a marinade before cooked over charcoal. It was very tender and tasty. The meat was rare in the center - I guess I should have taken a photo of the other side! :chef:

2023-06-24 17.59.07.jpg

I ordered a piece of "Beef Inside Round Steak" with my produce basket. I was expecting to slice it thinly against the grain, velvet it, and use it in a stir fry. Well, it was less than 1 cm thick. So, I pounded the whole thing to a nice uniform thickness, that I made into beef schnitzel. I served it with an asparagus salad, rødkål (Danish sweet & sour red cabbage), and boiled potatoes.

Asparagus salad and beef schnitzel.jpg
Beef schnitzel, asparagus salad, rødkål, and potatoes.jpg

I had no idea it was not a 'public' recipe, the blogger allows you to CMT but will not allow public access to it. Guess too many people just take a recipe and run.

Bloggers want people to visit their site, hoping they will become regular readers. As they are being paid by supporters and the supporters need to know they are supporting a popular site. Makes sense to me.

So that being said - here is the link directly to her site. It is called Seasons and Suppers and she has many lovely recipes that I have made. Plus she is Canadian, :mrgreen:
Creamy Garlic and Chicken with Mushrooms
guess this was too late for your supper but hope you still make it soon - one of my favourites.

Beautiful dinner. Love the plate!
Thanks! I have to have divider plates if things run together. I've never grown out of that phase. 🤣 I have dressy dividers, casual dividers, and tv dinner shaped dividers. When I was in college, my mother found some diner divider plates at a garage sale and bought them for me thinking I would be embarrassed. I *loved* them and she would cringe every time I insisted using one. :bounce:

Pizza with a side of carrot and celery sticks.
Aunt Bea,
We seem to be having the same dinners ;)
I made a pull apart bundt cake pizza. No sides.
Got the idea from some site. They insisted using canned biscuits.That bread dough wouldn't work. Maybe they don't bake? Mine came out out of the pan eventually. It just took a little longer to release. Even less time to eat.

Aunt Bea,
We seem to be having the same dinners ;)
I made a pull apart bundt cake pizza. No sides.
Got the idea from some site. They insisted using canned biscuits.That bread dough wouldn't work. Maybe they don't bake? Mine came out out of the pan eventually. It just took a little longer to release. Even less time to eat.
I need to stop making my own crust and get back to making a simple tortilla pizza.

Pizza night is quickly becoming pizza weekend! 🐷🐷🐷

Thanks! I have to have divider plates if things run together. I've never grown out of that phase. 🤣 I have dressy dividers, casual dividers, and tv dinner shaped dividers. When I was in college, my mother found some diner divider plates at a garage sale and bought them for me thinking I would be embarrassed. I *loved* them and she would cringe every time I insisted using one. :bounce:
Where do you get them? Do you have a link?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom