What are you eating Wednesday 8/29/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was homemade plain Greek yogurt topped with homemade lemon curd.

homemade_yogurt_lemon_curd_082918_IMG_4805.jpg

Lunch was chicken soup I made last night.
Dinner is supposed to be beef stew but who knows. LOL

Hottest day of the year. We’re having leftover rotisserie chicken for dinner. I may make a quesadilla and SO will top a salad.

Taco Tuesday on Wednesday this week. I pulled some carnitas out of the freezer, had a ripening avocado, salsa, and sour cream, so we're good to go. Besides, it's too damn hot to cook.

I put the carnitas under the broiler in the Breville TO for a few minutes. It's a wonderful device for two people.

Refreshingly cool today after last night's storms. I made wild rice chicken mushroom soup.

Barely topped 100F today - almost feels like a cold spell.:clap: :LOL:
I threw together a loaded up salad, topped with ranch dressing and some homemade croutons from leftover French bread.

DH's buddy from Southern Arizona came up to visit for a coupla days.
It was such a beautiful, cool-ish day, so we took our house-guest
to Jerome Arizona for a day trip and lunch out.

IMG_3814.jpg

Bruchetta for DH's buddy

IMG_3815.jpg

Italian Grinder and a side Caesar Salad for DH

IMG_3816.jpg

Soup and Mini Sandwiches for moi,
Potato & Roasted Garlic Soup
Chicken Salad & Turkey w/ Cranberry Cream Cheese sammies
:yum:
So full, I don't think we'll need dinner ;)

Cheryl, I'm waiting for my cold front with anticipation. It's due here tomorrow. It moved through NE Ohio today. Our son had posted a storm cloud photo to Facebook right before the rain poured down. A friend commented that he could literally feel the temperature drop!

...I put the carnitas under the broiler in the Breville TO for a few minutes. It's a wonderful device for two people.
I love my toaster oven. It isn't a Breville, because my priority was a unit with two baking racks, but it does what I want, so it's all good.

We had garden salads, Brussels sprouts with bacon and mushrooms, sauteed zucchini, and pork tenderloin medallions with a lemon-caper sauce. Cheddar cheese toast bread to push everything up onto forks. :yum:

Last edited:
I wasn't feeling great today, so I made a quick and easy dinner. Pulled some leftover chicken breast and mixed it with roasted peppers and salsa, then made quesadillas with mozzarella cheese (interchangeable with Monterey Jack for me). Topped it with sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice.
0829182015a.jpg

Baby back ribs in the IP, finished with Sweet Baby Ray's on the grill..
Potato salad and Bushes Grilling Beans as sides..

Strawberries on a slice of angel food cake later..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom