What's for Dinner Saturday April 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm going to be making up a sorta pasta primavera recipe using home made pasta, canned turkey, fresh asparagus, and a creamy ricotta cheese

What are you planning?

Not sure! Photographing a wedding & reception (7 hours), sometimes I'm offered, sometimes not. If I am I usually go with the chicken or a salad just to be on the safe side.

i'm probably on my own tonite, so just spaghetti rigati, prego, & ricotta. if i'm not too tired i may throw some burger into it.
wow, this thread is almost as early as yesterday's was gonna be, if i'd posted at 4:45!

I'm about turkeyed out from Monday and it's nice today, so I think today will be a beef-on-the-grill day. GotGarlic mentioned potato salad and that sounds really, really good to me right now and have all the makins for it. Might even make some baked beans, too.

Will be cooking part of the dinner

We have a potluck. My part of the luck is dessert. I will be preparing, rather I should say I am in the process of preparing Khoya Gulab Jamun. I know this has been liked by many people in the past and same should happen today.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a potluck. My part of the luck is dessert. I will be preparing, rather I should say I am in the process of preparing Khoya Gulab Jamun. I know this has been liked by many people in the past and same should happen today.
Can I ask... what does that consist of? :)

Welcome to the site, by the way! :chef:

still trying to do something with one lonely pork chop. will aim for stire fry again. have some asparagus and yellow squash, red,green,yellow peppers and onions. i ended up with a plain on hot dog on a bun, last night. same for dessert as last night banana, milk choco cake.

if i don't use that chop will have to throw way
lol

My twice canceled pizza is finally being made tonight. The dough is well in the way to being ready. I usually make two, one for SO and one for me, then we share both.

Fish and stuff of some sorts.....

Why Uncle B, you have such a way with words! :) Oh and by the way, when I got up this morning there were two fewer peppermint patty centres on the drying rack than there were last night....know anything about that? :LOL::LOL:

For our main meal at lunch (DH is heading to work) I did 1 1/2 inch thick pork loin chops with homemade applesauce, peas, steamed red potatoes and salad.

For our lunch at dinner, Dad and I will have hot dogs. I packed leftover pot roast for DH to take with him.

Last edited:
LPBeier said:
Why Uncle B, you have such a way with words! :) Oh and by the way, when I got up this morning there were two fewer peppermint patty centres on the drying rack than there were last night....know anything about that? :LOL::LOL:

DW has had me running today!! I'm a tired puppy...Consequently ..I'm a man of few words...I've sent her off to the showers...Enough woman!!!!:LOL:
Now it's time for some bourbon, and fish!;)

Me know nuttin about missin peppermint patties:angel:

:whistling

Back
Top Bottom