What's for dinner? Thursday 10-29-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What wonderful looking meals tonight!

Cheryl, the best skewered grilled shrimp I've ever done was brushing them with melted butter, and a heavy sprinkle on both sides of Tajin. Did you get some?
You've inspired me....
I'll do that for dinner tonight, along with a basket of grilled veggies, and some corn tortillas for my man.:yum:

Here's a picture of Sous Chef's plate. I made a nice sauce for his taco's, and my plate. Mayo, thinned with some milk, garlic granuels, Tajin, and chopped cilantro. Very tasty.

img_1442026_0_6b591f7015bb44ff276f8c7115205c59.jpg

Yesterday's dinner plans that went awry and became today's dinner plans...have moved to the back burner again. When Himself asked what I was doing for supper, I mentioned three different meals I was going to make in the oven simultaneously and how he could have his pick when they were done. He said "I have a taste for meat". :huh: So...spaghetti sauce with meat, turkey meatloaves, and stuffed peppers don't have meat??? Then he clarified with "something on the grill". Guessing that we weren't going to see a clear, sunny day in the upper 60's for a while, we hopped into the car to make a pilgrimage to the Cathedral of the Divine Bovine. Got ourselves a fresh cut-and-trimmed sirloin tip steak, and Himself grilled it perfectly, along with grilling zucchini and finishing off baked potatoes on the grill. We enjoyed salad before, wine with, and a nice dessert of shared Italian pastries (a lobster tail and a sfogliatelle) from a local bakery. A wonderful farewell to summer...*sigh*

Attachments

• 2015-10-29 20.39.30.jpg
    2015-10-29 20.39.30.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 167
Yesterday's dinner plans that went awry and became today's dinner plans...have moved to the back burner again. When Himself asked what I was doing for supper, I mentioned three different meals I was going to make in the oven simultaneously and how he could have his pick when they were done. He said "I have a taste for meat". :huh: So...spaghetti sauce with meat, turkey meatloaves, and stuffed peppers don't have meat??? Then he clarified with "something on the grill". Guessing that we weren't going to see a clear, sunny day in the upper 60's for a while, we hopped into the car to make a pilgrimage to the Cathedral of the Divine Bovine. Got ourselves a fresh cut-and-trimmed sirloin tip steak, and Himself grilled it perfectly, along with grilling zucchini and finishing off baked potatoes on the grill. We enjoyed salad before, wine with, and a nice dessert of shared Italian pastries (a lobster tail and a sfogliatelle) from a local bakery. A wonderful farewell to summer...*sigh*
Looks yummy. Bye bye summer.

What fabulous looking dinners, everyone! :chef: :yum:

Steve, is that za'atar seasoning blend you used from Penzeys? I've heard it's very good and was thinking of adding it to my order list.

My shrimp taco dinner yesterday turned into shrimp tostadas. They were very good and left me wanting another one. :pig:

Attachments

• shrimp tostadas.jpg
    shrimp tostadas.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 155
Mmm, shrimp. :yum: Very nice, Cheryl. Next week should be warm enough for us to grill, so I might send Himself out with a few skewers of those babies.

...Steve, is that za'atar seasoning blend you used from Penzeys? I've heard it's very good and was thinking of adding it to my order list...
Or...you could mix your own. IF you can find sumac, that is (I get mine at a Mediterranean foods shop). There are lots of versions online, but I think I'll be using Alton Brown's one. Za'atar Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom