Friday, September 15, 2023 - TGIF What is for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nachos
20230915_180843.jpg

I had a stressful afternoon, trying to deal with a loyalty program, both by phone and on their website. It left me in no mood for cooking. So, we ordered Greek food. Pretty much a rerun of what we had a couple of weeks ago: a pork gyro platter with roast Greek potatoes, rice pilaf, a salad, and tzatziki. Also, a couple of chicken gyro pitas. That was very good, but too much food. We have leftovers, again.

A special meal I cooked for guests the other day. I think they enjoyed it, plates were all emptied!

First course: Fresh pasta (Fusilli - not homemade!), with sausage mince, mushroons, porcini, a dash of tomato salsa, covered in a bechamel sauce, lots of parmesan cheese, then 20 minutes in the oven for an "au gratin" effect. Forgot to take a photo!
Second course : "Tasca di vitello ripiena", which apparently translated into English, is called "stuffed brisket"?, with side vegetables (sautéed peppers, zucchini, aubergines) .
Dessert : My daughter's homemade Tiramisù, forgot to take a picture!

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_081724.jpg
    IMG_20230914_081724.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230914_064520.jpg
    IMG_20230914_064520.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230914_064555.jpg
    IMG_20230914_064555.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 12
I made this. I cut the recipe in half. I also cooked in a cast iron skillet instead of grilling and added a few dashes of liquid smoke to the chicken before cooking. It was delicious!
What can I sub for goat cheese? I really don’t care for goat cheese.

What can I sub for goat cheese? I really don’t care for goat cheese.
Have you ever tried a really mild goat cheese? They are generally marked as such. I hated feta the first couple of times I tried it, but then I saw some marked as either mild feta or mild chevre, tried it and developed a taste for goat cheese.

Have you ever tried a really mild goat cheese? They are generally marked as such. I hated feta the first couple of times I tried it, but then I saw some marked as either mild feta or mild chevre, tried it and developed a taste for goat cheese.
I love both. My husband doesn't like feta but likes goat cheese. He really likes it now after eating that chicken dish! I think the sauce cuts through the richness and tang of the goat cheese quite well.

I made this. I cut the recipe in half. I also cooked in a cast iron skillet instead of grilling and added a few dashes of liquid smoke to the chicken before cooking. It was delicious!
I need to go get some good dry marsala wine and make the copycat of their chicken marsala too. I love their chicken trio. It's gone up $10 a plate since I first had it. I haven't been there in a long time.

Maybe one of those Allouette garlic and herb cheese spreads.
I think that sounds nice, depending on what kind of herbs are in it? I haven't had one of those in a long time, are they very salty? If so you might have to adjust the salt level in the sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom