How do you make your vinaigrettes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Olive oil, a bit of raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry puree, apple cider vinager makes up my favorite viagereelttes. The Re great with tossed green salads, on raw cruciferous veggies, and brushed onto pork, or poultry, aked, broiled, or barbecue
Seeeeya; Chief Longwi d of the North

Never used a fruit purée but I will most definitely have to try that. Thanks for the idea!

Never used a fruit purée but I will most definitely have to try that. Thanks for the idea!

We use white vinegar and lots of apple cider vinegar. To liven up dressing salads we make flavored vinegars.

A fig vinegar, a quart of vinegar and lb of dried figs, soaked to soften them, then blended and strained. This is a sweet treat.

After canning pineapple, the cores go into vinegar, after a week, blended and strained, for pineapple vinegar. It has two kinds of sour tastes.

This spring when chives blossomed, the blossoms sat in vinegar for weeks, then strained. This turned out in a bright pink color and it smells fragrant with chives.

Making vinegar infusions is an awesome idea and sounds like fun. What type of vinegar do you use as your base?

Making vinegar infusions is an awesome idea and sounds like fun. What type of vinegar do you use as your base?

I personally covet the apple cider vinegar because it has the mother, has the probiotics, it tastes just a little milder to me.

White is kind of harsh but useful.

I make my own vinegar as well, from apples or pears or any fruit processing excess parts but I can't trust it will be of any particular strength so I don't use it in canning. I do use it for cleaning and it seems like I do a lot of soaks of water with vinegar to clean my fruits and veggies when they are brought home from the grocery or in from the garden. Vinegar kills off mold and fungus, and the fruits/veg lasts longer that way. (especially berries)

In the pineapple vinegar I used white vinegar but AC would be less harsh.
The fig vinegar is so nicely sweet, either the white or AC would be fine, the sweetness tempers the harsh taste.
The chive vinegar, I made with white but should have made with AC.

I'm going to put in some effort into making some red wine vinegar this year. I could easily use 5 gallons of it in a year.

Not really a vinaigrette, but got a nice coconut lime sauce recipe good for salad dressing.
A can of coconut milk with + juice of 2-3 limes + 1/4 cup of coconut aminos, blend it with a bunch of cilantro or parsley, a few cloves of garlic and a few spring onion strands. It becomes a nice lime color sauce perfect for salads.

Ooo that sounds tasty! Great idea. I’ve done something similar for coleslaw but never thought of carrying that over to “normal” salads. Any other favorite uses for that sauce?

Back
Top Bottom