December weigh in thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to the doc today for my checkup. Very pleased with the 50 pound weight loss but for some reason my BP has Jumped to 160 over 90. HE tested it a second time and it had come down to 134 over 90 but still high. Sigh, stay on the BP meds I guess. I did have an awful day at work so I am thinking that is why it was high

mudbug said:
yes, "perhaps" -- in a heartbeat!!! you kids have no metabolism yet.

What metabolism? I am able to eat just about anything, and keep it off. Same with my friend, he said he can't put on weight, and he weighs about 145. And, he's 15 y.o.

Spice - Although your BP was a bit elevated at the doctor's office, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. It is fairly common for a patient's BP to elevate at a doctor's office due to anxiety or even perhaps a long wait before being seen. I did medical transcription for 22 yrs. and many of the doctors would dictate the patient's elevated BP, but then comment that it was just something to "watch" for a while, and not immediately medicate. Just thought I would pass this along.

cameron said:
Well I am 5" 7' (are my apostraphes right?) and weigh in at 116 lbs. but I tell people that I am 120.

Well I am about 5 millimeters shorter than Cameron, and I weigh about 100 lbs.

Grace

Spice, sorry your BP was high. I have "white coat" syndrome. Mine sky rockets at the doctors office, and at the gym when I am weighed and fat tested and measured. It's quite funny, in that there is a guy who normally does it at the gym, and it's always too high, but when the girl at the gym does it, its normal!!!

Do you ever do the 24 hour monitoring? That's what they had to do with my dad and my mum, there BP is elevated, but it's much worse in the surgery than at home. My dad is particularly frustrating, he's an alcoholic, and as he drinks during the day, his blood pressure gets much better, so he feels he is quite justified in keeping up his alcohol intake. Ah well, he must be doing something right, as he's now 80!!!

I weighed in today..................201lbs!!!!! woo hoo!!!!

way to go kyles!!!!!

we won't be able to see you pretty soon, if you turn sideways.

i'm down to 210, from around 225. but it wasn't from doing the right thing like eating healthy, or exercising. just working so many hours (71 last week), then taking care of a little tasmanian devil, on top of the hoopla of christmas; i just didn't have time to eat much, and burned the candle at both ends.

next week i begin midnights for a while, so i plan on getting up on the bike, lifting, and skating again.

Kyles, Congrats on getting to 201, you will be in the 190's before ya know it. You are a real inspiration!

I have been hovering in the 250's for as little bit now. I expect to be in the 240's by mid January and in the high 230's by my birthday in March.

Attachments

• me and santa 2004.jpg
    me and santa 2004.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 229
  • christmas pictures 029.jpg
    christmas pictures 029.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 209
To Mr. SpiceUmUp: Congratulations!! you look like you have been doing a fantastic job with your weight-loss program! you look a lot better in your second pictures! Keep it up!

S. Scott B

Ah!! Here is our favourite Spice Boy Sleek Spice!! You are looking better and better buddy!! Keep up the great job and Happy New Year!!

I've put up some photos in the members photo galleries!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom