Police Test Diet oh joy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pasta King, report in daily!! We love it!! The pasta won't kill you and as I said in a previous post, if you feel the need for it, it is better to program a small amount into your diet as a treat. No guilt trips then and you can have it as a reward. It becomes bad when you just keep on doing it. The dietician is right to a degree. When you deny yourself something that you really want, if you are unable to completely give it up, it is better to have a small amount every so often than to punish yourself for an indulgence nor to eat something that you don't really want in its place as you will end up eating more of the alternate item to compensate.

You are going brilliantly. Keep it up!! We are right behind you.

Pasta King, report in daily!! We love it!! The pasta won't kill you and as I said in a previous post, if you feel the need for it, it is better to program a small amount into your diet as a treat. No guilt trips then and you can have it as a reward. It becomes bad when you just keep on doing it. The dietician is right to a degree. When you deny yourself something that you really want, if you are unable to completely give it up, it is better to have a small amount every so often than to punish yourself for an indulgence nor to eat something that you don't really want in its place as you will end up eating more of the alternate item to compensate.

You are going brilliantly. Keep it up!! We are right behind you.

Thank you, You are very kind:)

I have some big news. I am getting back into horse training as well!!
Training horses is will for SURE get me in shape. You burns turns of fat riding.

About 3 or 4 years ago, I had a farm I was renting. The owners sold to builders. I felt so upset, I never went back to it. I feel that the pain has gone away, I learned from it, and I am ready to go back.

Philadelphia doesn't have a Riding Police Force. They need one. My idea is to get back in shape, become a cop, then ask the city if they will get a mounted unit again. I feel that it could be a tourist attraction for the city.
How? Because I would start an squad of amazing riders and horses. Have you ever seen the White Lippizaners of the Spanish Riding School? That is the kind of riding I do, it is called Dressage and at one point, I was at Grand Prix. That is the highest level. Philadelphia could have a dressage demo from time to time. It could do to the Police force, what the Blue Angles do for the Navy.

That is my idea anyway.........:rolleyes:

Either way, to become a cop and also train people's horses on the side, would really be a joy for me each day. Plus, I'll stay fit.

no pasta and wine...my heart goes out to u! (i was told to lay off the tomatoes -as in pasta sauce due to me being too acidic)

u can do it! Good luck!!!

Hi again Pasta, glad to hear about all your great ideas.

Have tried many things and have failed in some, but not because I did not give it my best.

Know you are giving it all your best.

A lot of our families were on the job. It is a fantastic profession. I didn't do it and sometimes I regret not joining the force.

You gotta make it, you have too many people on your side.

You can do it, just keep the goal in mind.

I haven't read this entire thread Pasta but it sounds like you're real dedicated and are doing well. I need to suggest however that it isn't just about weght, but about body fat. if you hit the gym and worked on the bigger muscles like chest, back and legs, you'd likely burn much more fat at the same weight primarily because muscle burns more calories than fat.

You don't need to cut out pasta, instead use a wheat pasta. Many people have problems with the texture but after the first two or three times you get used to it.

I'd also suggest visiting this discussfitness dot com They have a lot of good suggestions on nutrition, diet, and overall fitness.

I have taken to eating eggs as a midnight snack, or fruit. You guys think 2 eggs a day will hurt me?

I am also seeing that I need a gym. Pushups and sit ups just are not doing it for me. I need a trainer once a week, and a week to be ready for the trainer. Its all about the big MO.

---Cheated last night. I had 2 slices of pizza with mushrooms. Oh well.:-p

----Also, not losing any weight:(
This is why I am joing a gym sometime this week.

Your fat could be turning into muscle, hence the lack of change on the scales. Also if you have increased your fluid levels, that will also impact on the scales. You should be looking at measurements as well as scales. Scales by themselves aren't the best indicator.

As to the eggs, the amount of people that have a two egg omelette for breakfast and havn't carked it yet would suggest that you will be okay for the brief period of this fitness campaign. I just wouldn't keep it up for ever.

Last edited:
Don't you have to maintain a certain weight after you are hired? I'm with Aundot, you can't think about slipping on this diet. 20 pounds is a lot to lose in such a short time, so lots of fruits and veggies.

Best of luck.

I joined a gym today. They said I need to burn 3000 cal to lose 1 pound. 3000!!:ohmy:

No wonder a few push ups and sit ups did nothing lol.

I just don't have the time this week to go. Really, I don't. I have meetings and business, then I have family time. Next week I'll start the gym. I am still doing this die----it. It isn't easy, but it's not as hard as I thought it would be.

Actually it's 3500 calories for 1 pound! 3500!!!! :shock: I know I know, it's a lot...but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Cardio should be your best friend for dropping pounds. And don't put off tomorrow what you can do today!! :clap:

pk, you need to do a combo of cardio and strength training, with no breaks in between sets of either so that you keep your heart rate up. upwards of 130 or 140 bpm, for 80% of your maximum heart rate. the most basic formula is maximum heart rate = 220 - your age. then multiply that by .80, and that's where your heart should be to burn the most fat.

that will both help you lose fat, build lean muscle and get stronger.

now, get to work, recruit!!!!!

ryanhelmetbadgeqd8.jpg

PK dont think the pushups and situps did nothing! They do alot to help build muscle tone if not loose weight your posting keeps reminding me I need to get my fat butt to the gym ;)

Just wanted to stop by real fast said let everyone know what's up. I am working with a really good trainer, and I have lost 7 pounds so far !!!

I am lifting alot more weight as well, and almost up to my body weight.

My diet has 100% changed. I only eat carbs one a day, and on gym days. For the most part it is all protein,veggies and fruit.

On a side note, I haven't been coming here much because of all the time I spend in the gym, plus family time and work. I also gain weight everytime I come here lol.

Also, I am not as hungery as I was. Even on nights I have pasta, and don't eat as much. I am just not hungery.

Take care guys, I'll keep in touch. May 31 is coming fast:)

I didn't run. I don't think I am going to. What do you guys think? Should I run the 2 miles that I said I would?

No. Hill sprints, my friend, Hill sprints. Like wind sprints, but only add a hill. Forget LSD (Long Slow Distance).

Find yourself a nice hill. Longer the better, but not so long as to depress yourself in not getting to the top. Briskly walk to the bottom to limber up and get the heart going a bit. Run up the hill as fast as you possibly can, not stopping until you reach the top. Once you reach the top, walk back down to the bottom, catch your breath but don't let your heart rate drop too much, and run up the hill as fast as you can, again not stopping until you reach the top. Do this as many times as you possibly can, as often as you can, and watch the weight melt. Also watch your LSD 2 mile time improve along the way.

Back
Top Bottom