Mimosas for 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scully.x

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone,

I am throwing a brunch for 30 people this weekend. This is a fun crowd full of drinkers who like to party. Does anyone have any idea how many bottle of champagne and gallons of Orange juice will I need to buy?

Thanks in advance,

Scully:D

scully.x said:
Hey everyone,

I am throwing a brunch for 30 people this weekend. This is a fun crowd full of drinkers who like to party. Does anyone have any idea how many bottle of champagne and gallons of Orange juice will I need to buy?

Thanks in advance,

Scully:D
No, but increase it to 31. :mrgreen:

scully, we serve mimosas at our annual New Year's Day party to everyone who walks in the door who didn't get enough to drink the night before.

In one of the early years of this ritual, four of us killed 8 bottles of champagne. We like to drink and play loud music. This year, we had leftover bottles. Apparently we run with a soberer crowd these days (plus the kids are older now and notice things).

If you are all champion partyers, I recommend a two-person-per bottle ratio as a starting point. Two to three gallons of OJ (pulp-free, please) should be plenty, unless you're serving mundane bubbly and want to mask the taste.

I'd say mudbug is right. Each person will probably have at least 2 glasses - Each bottle of champagne should be 4 glasses once the orange juice is added to it but that may be cutting it close. You can always have some extra on hand - after all champagne can always be used.

...and make that 32 :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom