What to do with acai-blueberry vodka?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I saw an interesting flavor of Van Gogh vodka, Acai-Blueberry, so I had to give it a try. Well, it is kind of gross, to my taste buds anyways. Normally I keep things simple and drink vodka straight or with some club soda... but with this particular variety it is unappealing (my preference is Ketel One Citroen or Belvedere). Does anyone have any recommendations as to what to mix Acai-Blueberry vodka with to make a better drink? I checked their website and they have a few recipes, but they did not appeal too much. Any ideas?

I'm fond of the Stoli Blueberri...so much so that I invented a martini called the VeraBluetini.

2 parts blueberri vodka
a drop of triple sec (I also like a drop of limoncello, or even blue curacao)

Sugar the rim.
Shake with ice, strain over frozen, skewered fresh blueberries.

I also like Stoli Blueberry, but I drink it on the rocks with a splash of H2O... As far as the acai- blueberry, I would think it would have a pear undertone? maybe you can find some pear vodka recipes that work?

This is all I can think of for now:

3 parts Acai Pear Vodka
[SIZE=-1]1 part Poire Williams Liqueur
Lemon Twist

Shake and serve over rocks or strain into martini glass

[/SIZE]

Acai Daiquiri:

Use Acai Blueberry Vodka, Triple Sec or Cointreau, Sours Mix (or preferably fresh lime juice + sugar), fresh/frozen blueberries, ice. Pop it all in the blender. Voila!

Use a citrusy sugar or even salt (not for me) on the rim.

Make an extra one for me!

Back
Top Bottom