Simple Punch Recipes needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlotte

Senior Cook
Hello,

Can you all help me to choose a punch recipe that would be simple to mix yet easy to serve?

No alcohol as it's an alternative to the wines we are serving... oh and liquids only please, no frozen floating fruit or pieces of anything either, as there are some picky folk coming...

We are having a "do" for my hubby's birthday tomorrow night - about 70 coming so far - (oh and it's a Home Concert with Rosalee Peppard! http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.asp?epk_id=35173 but I digress...)

Thank you so much!

Something simple to make is just mix equal parts punch with flavored seltzer. You can get as creative as you want with this. Cranberry juice with orange flavored seltzer for example. You actually do not even need to use flavored seltzer. Just plain will work fine. I like the flavored kind though as it adds another taste dimension.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have never bought Seltzer... I live in Ontario and here we tend to use Ginger Ale... Could you tell me what the difference is between the two please?

Ginger ale would work very well too.

Seltzer is also called soda water. It is basically just carbonated water. The now sell all sorts of flavored seltzers (flavored soda water). Usually they are fruit flavors. I have seem orange, lime, cherry, and a whole bunch of other ones.

EASY PARTY PUNCH

1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice
1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade
1 (6 oz.) can frozen limeade
4 (6 oz.) cans water (24 oz.)
1 qt. ginger ale

Combine frozen concentrates with water. Add ginger ale and serve.

EASY PARTY PUNCH

1 pkg. strawberry Kool-Aid, unsweetened
1 pkg. raspberry Kool-Aid, unsweetened
1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate
2 c. sugar
3 qt. water
7-Up or Ginger ale

Mix well all the ingredients except 7-Up or ginger ale. Chill well. Just before serving add the 7-Up or Ginger ale to taste.

EASY PUNCH

3 lg. bottles 7-Up
1 can (12 oz.) frozen lemonade concentrate
1 qt. sherbet

Mix lemonade mix and sherbet and carefully add 7-Up, pouring down inside edge of punchbowl to keep foam to a minimum. May use different flavored sherbets for color or flavor you wish.

Wedding Day Punch
[size=+0]A colorful punch that is not only great for weddings but
wedding and baby showers also! I use this one a lot because it
is tasty and simple to prepare, just read the
instructions and you'll see what I mean. can be doubled easily!
Prep Time: approx. 5 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 5 Minutes.
Makes 25 servings. [/size]

[size=+0] Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Tonya Longshore
[/size][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0][size=+0]3 (64 fluid ounce) bottles
orange juice
3 (46 fluid ounce) cans
pineapple juice
1 (.25 ounce) package
[/size]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0] unsweetened lemonade drink mix
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup white sugar
1 (46 fluid ounce) can fruit punch
[/size][/font]

Directions
1 In a large punch bowl combine orange juice, pineapple
juice, lemonade drink mix, almond extract and sugar to taste. Pour in the punch until desired color is achieved.

Party Punch III
[size=+0]This is punch is so extremely easy to make that a child
could do it, yet it is so delicious. It is always served at
our family gatherings, and my sisters, brother and I all
had it served at our weddings. Prep Time: approx. 2
Minutes. Ready in: approx. 2 Minutes. Makes 48 (4 ounce)
servings. [/size]

[size=+0] Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Amy Coon
[/size][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0][size=+0]1 (2 liter) bottle fruit
punch, chilled
1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle
[/size]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0] orange juice, chilled
1 (2 liter) bottle ginger
ale, chilled
[/size][/font]
Directions
1 In a punch bowl, combine fruit punch and orange juice.
Slowly pour ginger ale down the side of the bowl to retain carbonation.

Grandmother's Punch
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0]My Grandmother found this recipe and makes it every year
at Christmas. It is a family favorite, and kids love it.
Prep Time: approx. 10 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 10
Minutes. Makes 20 servings. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0] Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Angie V.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0]2 (0.13 ounce) packages
unsweetened strawberry-flavored drink
mix powder
2 1/2 cups white sugar
4 quarts cold water
2 (6 ounce) cans frozen
[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0] orange juice concentrate
2 (6 ounce) cans frozen
pineapple juice concentrate
3 oranges, sliced into rounds
1 liter ginger ale
1/2 gallon orange sherbet
[/size][/font]
Directions
1 In a large punch bowl combine the drink mix, sugar and
water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the orange
juice and pineapple juice concentrates. Just before serving
stir in the ginger ale and slide in the sherbet.

[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

IcyMist said:
EASY PUNCH

3 lg. bottles 7-Up
1 can (12 oz.) frozen lemonade concentrate
1 qt. sherbet

Mix lemonade mix and sherbet and carefully add 7-Up, pouring down inside edge of punchbowl to keep foam to a minimum. May use different flavored sherbets for color or flavor you wish.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0]
[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

Thank you everyone!

This is the recipe that I am going to use tomorrow - however it's great that you gave me so many ideas and recipes, I will be sure to use some of them in the future when it's myself making it and serving it.

This punch was GREAT!

I really liked not having to use ice at all, it made life so much easier!

We had half an hour before the event of the evening and most of the large punch bowl was empty by the end of that half hour, it was really a popular punch. Thanks again!

Am so pleased that the punch was a success. :) :) :) I was a little worried since I had not tested the recipe out yet.

I use 1 qt. lime sherbert and 1 bottle of 7up or sprite. I double if needed.
Very good and never any left.
The orange is good too, but the lime seems to be something everyone likes.

Charlotte said:
This punch was GREAT!

I really liked not having to use ice at all, it made life so much easier!

We had half an hour before the event of the evening and most of the large punch bowl was empty by the end of that half hour, it was really a popular punch. Thanks again!
Jocelyn, glad your party was a smash :) Isn't it nice to know you can come ask for help and someone will come to help you almost before you finish posting your note? I sure love that about this community..
kadesma:)

Me too, kadesma!!

That's why I stayed here. I just love all the heroes!! :)
And the ear when I need to vent or just wanna talk about something noone else around me cares about!! It's a a great big cooking family.

Right on!!!!!

Oh my hubby came home from work today - and he wants another concert here just like this one, on October 1st, as a Memorial for our former Squash Pro (we used to own a squash club with about 65 members, only one court attached to the house) and this fellow died in a car crash on Dec. 2nd 2001, we had a couple of memorial tournaments dedicated to him and this will be a reunion of all the former members...

So we are asking the same lady - Rosalee Peppard - to come back and do the same concert as it will be a different gang of folk...

So I get to make the same punch!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!
Thanks again...

Last edited:
This is the punch I usually like to make. Everyone seems to love it. It's not too sweet which many punches can be. I like to mix it and put it in the frige for myself when I want something different than soda.

equal parts white grape juice to pineapple juice. Top off with sprite, ginger ale, or 7-up before serving.

Back
Top Bottom