Mixologist: Retro Fashion Chic Punch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:yum: Buonasera, Ladies & Gentlemen,

Call it retro fashion chic, however, summery punches have been making a comeback to the table with new style on the old classics ...

How do you Punch ? ( No black eyes please ! ) ... :cool:

I have spiked Sparkling Rosé Cava, wityh pomegranate, and here is our recipe:

:chef: Rosé Sparkling Wine Pomegranate Punch ...

1/2 cup mineral water room temperature
2 bottles 750 Ml. chilled Extra Brut Rosé Sparkling Wine
1 1/2 cups white clear Rum
1 1/4 cups Pomegranate Juice
1 large lemon thinly sliced
fresh mint leaves
Ice cubes

1) bring 1/2 cup water to boil in small saucepan and add a bit of sugar, or sugar in the Raw, and stir until it dissolves
and simmer 5 minutes

2) cool syrup completely

3) combine the Cava, Rum and Pomegranate Juice in a punch bowl and add enough syrup to sweeten just a bit

4) mix in lemon slices and pomegranate seeds, and Mint leaves ...

5) add ice ...

6) serve in tall glasses

Enjoy the refreshment,
Margaux Cintrano. :)

Funny, I'm not a drinker these days, but I could tell you all stories...ahem. A couple of years ago, I was at Burning Man, in the Black Rock Desert in Nevada. I took along my 12 vdc Waring Blender, along with a small sealed gel battery and a small solar panel. I'm old enough to remember how to make all those blender drinks from the fifties and sixties, and anything made with ice is a hit in in 130° F. heat. I got invited to many, many parties. The solar powered blender was a hit.

Rum Runners or.....

60cc/100cc syringe w/12/10 ga. needle, 1 pint Baccardi 151 and very large, ripe watermelon. Inject the rum into the watermelon and let chill in cooler of ice until very cold. The cooler can do double duty chilling down some beers. Do not let the kids get a hold of this melon!

This melon will also get you in good with a bunch of cops you have taken out spearfishing and lobstering. On the return trip to the dock of course.

Last edited:
CraigC said:
Rum Runners or.....

60cc/100cc syringe w/12/10 ga. needle, 1 pint Baccardi 151 and very large, ripe watermelon. Inject the rum into the watermelon and let chill in cooler of ice until very cold. The cooler can do double duty chilling down some beers. Do not let the kids get a hold of this melon!

:) Those were the days... We used to "plug" the melon, cut out a small circle, no syringe needed, and slowly pour the booze in.

We also used to make frozen daquiris and more recently, a friend's bourbon slushes. Basically, booze, mix, and stick in the freezer.

Last edited:
From memory (and it might be a little dusty)...

1 Bottle of Champagne
1-2 Bottles of Ginger Ale
1 bag of Frozen Strawberries

Voila! Strawberry Champagne Punch.

At one time, I actually had a punch bowl & the small matching cups. Around Christmas or New Years, I filled it with egg nog & rum, topped with whipped cream & nutmeg. (I feel just like Betty Draper now. lol)

My first lesson about the over consumption of alcoholic beverages occurred at a party, in 1963, hosted by a Major in the US artillery corps. It was a brandy based artillery punch. He was apologetic about my near death experience and gave me a grapefruit plant which to this day I still have growing in my livingroom.

Rum Runners or.....

This melon will also get you in good with a bunch of cops you have taken out spearfishing and lobstering. On the return trip to the dock of course.

:) Those were the days... We used to "plug" the melon, cut out a small circle, no syringe needed, and slowly pour the booze in.

We also used to make frozen daquiris and more recently, a friend's bourbon slushes. Basically, booze, mix, and stick in the freezer.
when jamie oliver first hit the tv over here about 10-12 years ago i saw him do this with vodka.he cut a hole in the melon,inserted a funnel,put the melon in the fridge & just kept topping up the funnel for a day or two...rocket fuel:wacko:!i like watermelon.............

Thank You For All The Interesting Feedback & Ideas

:) Buon Giorno, To All The Contributors On This Thread,

Thanks alot for all your interesting ideas, links, feedback and anecdotes.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Ciao.
Margi. :cool: :yum:

Back
Top Bottom