My Chicken Liver Pate Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I have been trying to make a great liver pate' for a while now. I read about a recipe where the chicken livers were boiled until just grey all the way through, and then blended with butter. I didn't have the recipe and so experimented. The pate' came out very good so I'm willing to share what I did.

Take a pound o fchicken livers and poach them in salted water until grey throughout. Remove and place in a blender with 1/2 cup of butter, 1 tbs. rubbed sage, 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic, and 1/8 cup chicken broth. Blend on high speed until ultra smooth and place in a sutable container to refrigerate (I used an old cool-whip tub that I washed out). When brought back up to room temperature, the pate' was smooth and easily dipped with good crackers. It made a wonderful snack for me as no one else in my household will have anything to do with any kind of liver. The flavor is similar to, but not quite the same as liverwurst. I also made a sandwich with the stuff, using Miracle Whip and a sliced onion to go with it, all on whole wheat, toasted bread.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

What. No one like liver pate' around here? Not a soul has responded yet. This was pretty tasty stuff. Anyone who likes liverwurst would go for this. I do have to admit though, it isn't pretty. Just close your eyes while dipping into it with crackers. :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I've had all kinds of liver...quail, cow, pheasant, chicken...but never as pate'...sadly, I need to try it.

Back
Top Bottom