Grilled Cheese anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Eats Cheese

Senior Cook
I use fresh garlic Tuscan bread, sliced beef steak tomato, basil pesto and mozzarella cheese. It's the most amazing grilled cheese ever :)

:LOL: American cheese or Velveeta on whole grain bread, lotsa butter. And toasted in the cast iron skillet.

But yours sounds really good too, SEC!

Swiss open faced until it melts on homemade whole wheat bread (bread buttered) in a CI, when the cheese bubbles, DILL pickles. Slap the two slices together, toast another minute or so, and homemade salsa for dipping sauce. You will notice there are no FRESH eggs in my grilled cheese sandwich.

Sourdough
Munster
Apple wood smoked, thick cut Bacon
Over easy egg

Sometimes, I'll add a couple slices of homegrown, or vine ripened tomato

Sourdough
Munster
Apple wood smoked, thick cut Bacon
Over easy egg

Sometimes, I'll add a couple slices of homegrown, or vine ripened tomato

Are you talking about an egg finished with runny white and yolk? How do you pick it up to eat it? Or maybe you eat it open-faced with a knife and fork?

Swiss open faced until it melts on homemade whole wheat bread (bread buttered) in a CI, when the cheese bubbles, DILL pickles. Slap the two slices together, toast another minute or so, and homemade salsa for dipping sauce. You will notice there are no FRESH eggs in my grilled cheese sandwich.

Did you run out of eggs?:angel:

Are you talking about an egg finished with runny white and yolk? How do you pick it up to eat it? Or maybe you eat it open-faced with a knife and fork?

I've been known to eat an sandwich with an over easy egg on it, but I do "kill" it to get some of the yolk to set up. Yes, it drips, but most of it soaks into the bread. It's really no worse than eating a sandwich with mustard or ketchup on it... well, maybe a little :rolleyes:

I've been known to eat an sandwich with an over easy egg on it, but I do "kill" it to get some of the yolk to set up. Yes, it drips, but most of it soaks into the bread. It's really no worse than eating a sandwich with mustard or ketchup on it... well, maybe a little :rolleyes:

Depends on what color your shirt is...:LOL:

I like a fried egg sand with a runny over easy egg...I never thought of a grilled cheese with an egg.

Grilled Jalapeno Jack and Avocado on sourdough.

There seems to be a lot of variety in what folks add to the bread, cheese and butter you need to make a grilled cheese.

At some point, it stops being a grilled cheese and becomes a panino.

You pick it up and eat it, like any other sandwich. Sunny Side up is runny white and yolk. Over easy is set white, and runny yolk.

Mouth is watering, mostly Tattrat's fault. A half-hour until lunch. At hand have seedless rye, swiss, and the Plugra I splurged on at the grocery the other day. Next, 3 guesses.

You pick it up and eat it, like any other sandwich. Sunny Side up is runny white and yolk. Over easy is set white, and runny yolk.

For egg sandwiches, I like a tiny bit of yolk that is still runny, but I've never been able to tolerate runny egg white. Too close to the texture of snot for me. Bleck! :sick:

It just seems like it would all drip out onto the plate. I was just asking, not attacking your tastes or methods.

When I make a sandwich, I prefer what I have in the sandwich to arrive at my mouth while still between the slices of bread, not mopping it up from the plate that it drips onto.

So... yer not gonna use the Kraft singles then eh?

Tis funny.. good bread, good butter, Kraft singles. YUM.

So... yer not gonna use the Kraft singles then eh?

Tis funny.. good bread, good butter, Kraft singles. YUM.

Kraft Deli Deluxe singles are Pasteurized Processed American Cheese.

That other stuff I mentioned is Cheeze Whiz like from the can, formed into flat slices and wrapped in cellophane.

I make grilled cheese two ways
3-cheese: Filled with Provolone and Sharp Cheddar, and bacon strips/tomatoes are optional. Butter outside of bread like normal and grate P. Reggiano all over the outside letting it stick to the butter. The trick to this is the right heat setting that won't burn the Parm before the butter and inside cheeses melt. I like to use a second hot pan as a lid to give it an oven-like effect.
OR
I make it like normal grilled cheese but I add jelly inside. Classic is apple jelly with cheddar, but I like to explore. Just don't go overboard and put black raspberry on rye with pepperjack cheese. But don't keep it lame, try tomato jelly or bacon jam. If you haven't tried jelly on a grilled cheese sammich, you're really missing something divine.

Last edited:
I like to use a buttery flavored spray, it's less greasy. For fancy, cheese (any kind), cooked bacon, tomato slices.

Back
Top Bottom