Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We took the boys to a model train display last weekend. Jasper loves trains.
868bc781e283d274dad2c71d571cf6de.jpg
72c7ec008c866889f3109f4cc898253e.jpg

I fell last week and got skinned up pretty bad but I am healing really well. My grandson Josh started to tear up when he saw me but I told him I am doing really well but he said " I am just so sorry that this happened to my grandma." He is so sweet. He makes me smile all the time.

I fell last week and got skinned up pretty bad but I am healing really well. My grandson Josh started to tear up when he saw me but I told him I am doing really well but he said " I am just so sorry that this happened to my grandma." He is so sweet. He makes me smile all the time.

What a Sweetheart! I am glad you are okay.

The kid sounds like a keeper!

Glad to hear that you are OK and on the mend,

I was very lucky that I didn't break anything. The worst was a few days later when the pain in the old bones started to hurt. And I must have pulled something around the lung area. But all is so much better now. I keep pouring Hydrogen Peroxide on the scabs, I am letting them air dry. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

The Pumpkin Train has arrived! Have to find a whistle for him to blow.

So cute Jon!

Ahh JoAnn, just read your post... Oww! and what a sweetie your grandson, it's things like that make the healing easier.

Yea we will carve them. We love toasted pumpkin seeds. I will probably smash a couple in the chicken yard. They love pumpkin too and it's a natural wormer. Supposedly.

Yea we will carve them. We love toasted pumpkin seeds. I will probably smash a couple in the chicken yard. They love pumpkin too and it's a natural wormer. Supposedly.

You can just leave them outside to freeze, then bring them in somewhere to defrost (just a little bit!) then throw it back to the chickens. That way they have their seeds all winter to help with the worming. Supposedly it is the seeds that do the work of worming.

I haven't/didn't grow pumpkins but I would drive past a field - way after Halloween - and ask for them. They were pretty much frozen by then and free!

You can just leave them outside to freeze, then bring them in somewhere to defrost (just a little bit!) then throw it back to the chickens. That way they have their seeds all winter to help with the worming. Supposedly it is the seeds that do the work of worming.

I haven't/didn't grow pumpkins but I would drive past a field - way after Halloween - and ask for them. They were pretty much frozen by then and free!
In my chicken groups on Facebook some people swear by pumpkin seeds. Others say its just an old wives tale.

The chicken forums I was on was pretty much the same. It was/is usually spouted by 'natural' advocates. Maybe the outer shells of the seeds act pretty much like DE! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

But whatever! the chickens enjoy the pumpkiins and it kept them busy during the cold winter days!

Last thing that made me smile?

Went to Goodwill yesterday and got a 4CD set of Roots Of Blues. It is incredible.
Its got lots of B.B. King, Billie Holiday, Big Joe Williams, John Lee Hooker , Muddy Waters, Peter Chatman, Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie and lots more and it was only $2.99. Love listening to it in the car, it helps sitting at all the red lights.

I love the wagons and pumpkin pics, Jon! So cute. I see that Kitty decided to go along, too. :)

Good deal on the blues CDs, JoAnn!

Went to Goodwill yesterday and got a 4CD set of Roots Of Blues. It is incredible.
Its got lots of B.B. King, Billie Holiday, Big Joe Williams, John Lee Hooker , Muddy Waters, Peter Chatman, Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie and lots more and it was only $2.99. Love listening to it in the car, it helps sitting at all the red lights.

Wow, El Joann, nice score.

As far as pumpkins go, I've recently found out that lots of creatures love them: deer, bears, groundhogs, chipmunks, and squirrels. Especially the squirrels. We've always gone punkin pickin every year, then displayed the literal fruits of our labor on the front steps.

Since we've moved into the mountains, we've found that we're not making a pretty display on the front steps with the pumpkins, but rather just feeding the local wildlife who make a big mess of them. The squirrels seem to go out of their way to chew a hole into a pumpkin, then scatter and eat the seeds in what looks like the boozy aftermath of a college dorm party, all over the front yard.

Last edited:
I always go for the small pumpkins. They are really sweet and full of natural sugar. I cook them up, puree them and into the freezer it goes. Fifteen ounces in each packet. The same amount as the can without all the additives. Cheaper than to buy by the can all year long. And a good way of getting a veggie into family members. Been doing that for year. If I offered my kids squash as a veggie, they would turn their nose up. Offer them a pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin pie, gone in seconds. I never told them it was a veggie. And I never will.

My SIL will do the picking, while my daughter pushes me around in my wheelchair. Will be off my leg for several weeks. Then PT. I have a stool in my kitchen that I can rest my bad leg on. Kneel my bad leg on the stool, stand and hop around with the other leg. I am determined to make that pumpkin puree. And I also have Pirate to help me in the kitchen. He can learn a new recipe and skill while helping me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom