Avocado Pesto Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Well, since dinner was simple for tonight, my girls decided let's have pasta for lunch...This is what we made..We took about 4 oz. parmesan
2-med avocados
3-large cloves garlic
1-c. tightly packed Italian parsley
1/4 to 1/2-c. of evoo
salt and fresh ground pepper
Cut the parm into small pieces and put in f/p with steel blade. Process til pulverized.Drop in avocado and garlic smd process til smooth. Add parsley and process again til mix is fairly smooth. Slowly add the oil while machine is running, the more oil the thinner the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
We served over angel hair pasta, had french bread and sliced tomatoes..
enjoy
kadesma:)

Last edited:
Jkath, will watch for you:LOL:

Barb, Thanks, it was yummy...:)
kadesma

Hi Kadesma,

This sounds really interesting. I'd like to try this. I may be misreading your recipe though, so just to clarify, does this recipe call for basil or parsley? There's parsley in your list of ingredients but it's not mentioned in the procedure. Then the procedure mentions basil though no quantity is specified. I've read your recipe twice and I'm confused. Thanks in advance!

Hey - sounds delicious! Think I'd use parsley so as not to drown the flavour of the avo.

I make a quick pasta thing which uses avocado: I fry some sliced mushrooms, cook pasta bows, then drain the pasta, return to the hot pan and stir in the mushrooms and any juices, a roughly mashed ripe avo, some grated fresh Parmesan, black pepper and a handful of coarsely chopped walnuts which have been lightly toasted in a dry pan.
Give a quick stir over the heat and serve in hot bowls. A little goes a long way - very rich!

Chopstix said:
Hi Kadesma,

This sounds really interesting. I'd like to try this. I may be misreading your recipe though, so just to clarify, does this recipe call for basil or parsley? There's parsley in your list of ingredients but it's not mentioned in the procedure. Then the procedure mentions basil though no quantity is specified. I've read your recipe twice and I'm confused. Thanks in advance!
I'm sorry Chopstix,
I wrote basil and I should have typed parsley..That's what happens when you get old and senile:LOL: I wnet and corrected the recipe and hope it makes some sense now. Thanks for letting me know.
kadesma

CARO said:
Hey - sounds delicious! Think I'd use parsley so as not to drown the flavour of the avo.

I make a quick pasta thing which uses avocado: I fry some sliced mushrooms, cook pasta bows, then drain the pasta, return to the hot pan and stir in the mushrooms and any juices, a roughly mashed ripe avo, some grated fresh Parmesan, black pepper and a handful of coarsely chopped walnuts which have been lightly toasted in a dry pan.
Give a quick stir over the heat and serve in hot bowls. A little goes a long way - very rich!
Caro, yes, parsley is the ingredient to use. I goofed and wrote basil instead of parsley. The recipe is really very good and I hope you will enjoy it if you get a chance to make it. I like your recipe idea and my grandson loves the bowtie pasta so I'll try your recipe and I'm sure he and I will really enjoy it..Thank you for sharing:)
kadesma

kadesma said:
I'm sorry Chopstix,
I wrote basil and I should have typed parsley..That's what happens when you get old and senile:LOL: I wnet and corrected the recipe and hope it makes some sense now. Thanks for letting me know.
kadesma

Thanks Kadesma!

Back
Top Bottom