Pizza Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
hey everyone! I love italian sasuage with the peppers and onions on top and i was wondering if anyone knew of a really good recipe for this. I know you would put the obvious on it. .peppers oniions and sasuage but what kind of sauce would i use? im from buffalo and we put mustard on ours but that would taste weird on pizza right? any ideas?

I like Arrabbiata Sauce, to go with sausage, peppers and onions. This is a version that a friend of mind showed me.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz can Italian tomatoes with their juice, chopped or 1 1/2 lb fresh tomatoes.
1 or 2 dried hot red chilies, broken into pieces, or 1 t hot red pepper flakes to taste
Salt to taste
2 TBSP chopped parsley for garnish
6 quarts water

[SIZE=+1]HEAT the oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic, stirring constantly, until it is just beginning to turn golden - about 6 minutes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]SAUTÉ the garlic, stirring constantly, until it is just beginning to turn golden - about 6 minutes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]ADD the tomatoes and chilies, reduce the heat to medium-low, and continue cooking until the tomatoes are soft and the sauce is dense but not pureed - about 20 minutes with canned tomatoes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]CONTINUE cooking until the tomatoes are soft and the sauce is dense but not pureed - 15 - 20 minutes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]REMOVE from the heat and taste for seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.[/SIZE]

This is the recipe that I always use.

pizza sauce.

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano ( Greek!!)
5 cloves garlic ( more or less, up to you)

[FONT=&quot]and ½ cup onion, diced and sauted in evoo

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1/2 teaspoon fennel
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Directions:
Dice your garlic, onions and saute it in a little evoo. In the same pan add tomatoes and tomatoe paste. Add all the spices. Cook over medium heat until thick. Taste often, just so you can add more spices if needed.

You can leave this chunky or put in a blender to make smooth.
You can add more or less of each spice.:chef:

[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom