Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow SierraCook! I wish you had your camera too. That must have been something to see! At least you will always have the picture in your head so that you can see it. :cool:

:)Barbara

Today's my son's 5th birthday! We celebrated on Saturday with a lots of family and friends. It's the first time he had a moon jump and he and his friends were really enjoying it. (Even I jumped in it! Hee hee) They had a Batman piñata and games that my husband and I created for them. We're still kids at heart.

Last edited:
Dina,
what a wonderful mom and dad you two are...Your kids must of had a wonderful time at this party..It looks like so much fun..

Way to go.
kadesma:)

Congrats Dina! Aren't 5 year old boys the best thing ever? The party looks like every little boy's dream!!! The kids will be talking about this one for a long time.

Dina, loved his cake!!!

I'm celebrating something so very wonderful....we found a place to live when we move home to San Francisco in June. The very very best part is...it's my old house! My roommate (who is also one of my dearest friends) rented my room when I moved out in Feb 06 and she just moved out this month. He is waiting for us to come home in June to move back in! This is a great situation for all of us, especially since it will make our rent cheap. All three of us get along very well and his dog loves my dog! Large back yard, great neighborhood in SF and 2 parks within walking distance for the pups. I lived there for two years before I moved to England and loved it.

We were really freaking out about where we were going to live and not having any furniture, car etc. Rent in SF is ridiculous and we would have had a hard time finding something with a garden for the doggy. Only thing we need to buy is a bed and some dressers. The house is still furnished with the furniture I sold my roomy when I moved! LOL! Anywho, we are thrilled and relieved.

Sorry for such a long post, thanks for reading!!!!

Dina, loved his cake!!!

I'm celebrating something so very wonderful....we found a place to live when we move home to San Francisco in June. The very very best part is...it's my old house! My roommate (who is also one of my dearest friends) rented my room when I moved out in Feb 06 and she just moved out this month. He is waiting for us to come home in June to move back in! This is a great situation for all of us, especially since it will make our rent cheap. All three of us get along very well and his dog loves my dog! Large back yard, great neighborhood in SF and 2 parks within walking distance for the pups. I lived there for two years before I moved to England and loved it.

We were really freaking out about where we were going to live and not having any furniture, car etc. Rent in SF is ridiculous and we would have had a hard time finding something with a garden for the doggy. Only thing we need to buy is a bed and some dressers. The house is still furnished with the furniture I sold my roomy when I moved! LOL! Anywho, we are thrilled and relieved.

Sorry for such a long post, thanks for reading!!!!
This is great news!

Redkitty, huge congrats !!! Babetoo, what great news! After a winter snowstorm (4 inches:LOL:), in Virginia, my fiancee has finally decided that January may not be the best time to get married! I've been trying to convince him for months!!!:) Summer wedding here we come!

Thank you all. Christopher had a wonderful birthday today also.

I'm celebrating something so very wonderful....we found a place to live when we move home to San Francisco in June.
I'm so glad for you Redkitty. Congratulations!

Babetoo: Congratulations on your baby. I wish you much happiness.

Loprainne: Best wishes on your wedding.

Last edited:
Redkitty, huge congrats !!! Babetoo, what great news! After a winter snowstorm (4 inches:LOL:), in Virginia, my fiancee has finally decided that January may not be the best time to get married! I've been trying to convince him for months!!!:) Summer wedding here we come!
That's fantastic, I love summer weddings..I'm so happy for you.
kades:)

Happy, happy, happy!

There's nothing like having a new kitten in the house. Our little Sally is a breath of fresh air. She was born June '07 and is so full of vim and vigor.

Buck and I just got home from the funeral visitation of my friend, Bob, a little while ago and we were not in - shall I say - the best of moods.

Well, that's all changed. Sally has been entertaining us in the family room for the last hour or so.

The room is large and not carpeted, so when she runs and slides she has no "gription" (as one of our sons said when he was a child).

Somewhere in the recesses of the room/furniture Sally found a tennis ball. Well...that's all she needed. Hit, slap, push, run, chase. Whatever a kitten can do with a tennis ball she did. Since these balls are "furry" she could get a good grip on them with her front claws and she went to town.

Then she rediscovered a toy mouse she'd been playing with while Buck and I ate lunch. Forget the tennis ball. The mouse was where it was AT!

Now, she's playing with the "people" on the television screen. When you're a kitten, everything's a toy.

Our troubles have been forgotten. Thanks Sally!

P.S. She must have known I was talking about her because she just jumped on my lap for a kiss. There are NO accidents.

Katie,

I'm so glad you have Sally! I don't know what it is about kittens, but you're right. When they start playing, they are so full of unabashed joy. They don't care who is watching--they just go all out. And they do love to cuddle and somehow seem to know (I think Someone whispers in their ears) when we need something soft and furry to cuddle.

My DW is an IT Contractor and IBM have just renewed her contract for a year (normally the contracts are for a max of 3 months). This gives us another years security.

Last Day Home

I have been on maternity leave the past three months and will be heading back to work on Monday. That is not something I am celebrating as I would much rather be able to stay at home with my two children!! I am celebrating the fact that I have had three months of snuggling, playing, and just spending time with my kids! I have had the best last day at home starting with my two year old daughter climbing into bed with me this morning and giving me kisses on both cheeks and my nose and then this afternoon playing with my 3 month old son and listening to him giggle again and again for one of the first times whenever I'd tickle him!! While I will probably shed a few tears come Monday morning I have had the most wonderful three months at home and fortunately I am teacher which means I am already counting the days until summer vacation!!

:(:(bean that makes me sad for u. my granddaughter has a week more before back to work. georgia is still so tiny, not even five pounds yet. wish she could stay home.

she is music director, paid, for her church. am sure or hope she can take baby with her.

babe

Australia Day

Today is actually Australia Day which is like Independence Day for you all in the US.

Probably a lot of beer, bbqs, prawns (shrimps), salads and pavlovas, and yes we do cook green prawns on the barbie!!! (marinated of course)

We are heading out a little later this afternoon to a venue to meet family and friends and end up back at my MIL and FIL house for a barbeque dinner and drinks. Some Jewel Pink Champagne and a couple of Baileys on ice might be the go I think!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom