Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm celebrating my first session to learn to dialyze at home...Had my access put in last friday, had it taken care of today and things went very well...The wonderful part was coming out after several hours of training to find my kids and the grandkids outside in the rain with flowers and signs and yelling go ma go:LOL: Boy am I lucky..
kades

I'm so proud of myself..I did my first fill,dwell and drain all by myself today at the center. They said I did so well that I most likely will be on my own at home next week..I am excited and a tad scared, but I can do this:LOL:
Just had to share a success with my DC family
kades

That's great news Kads! There's nothing better than the comfort of home and your loving family by your side. You deserve this and much more sweet lady. Hugs to you.

Thanks,
BarbL,Barb,Texas, Cora, Dina, learning this, is making things seem so much more hopeful...Thanks for all the encouragement and kindness you've shown to me..You are all loved.

hugs,
kades

neat kades!! I hope this makes your life a bit easier for you..congratulations on your progress. I hope you are feeling better these days!
Hi Beth,
Yes, I feel so much better. Once I can do this as home it will be so nice..It will free me up to do more. Thanks for the congratulations
kades:)

72 HOURS, COMPLETELY SMOKE FREE!!!:w00t2::boxing:
I have never been able to get past the 48 hours without a puff here and there. I can honestly say, I have not touched a cigarette since Thursday morning at 8:30 am! I'm okay so far on real cravings.
Thank you all for your encouragement. If I hadn't had you guys to feel accountable to, I don't think I would have made it through, especially yesterday:cool: I found my new addiction though, orange tic tacs:LOL: I used to love these things and got a pack of them yesterday. They are only 60 calories for the container too. Not too bad:-p

Attachments

• smokefree.jpg
    smokefree.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 175
Well, the time has come..Today is my last day on one type of dialysis, tomorrow I go where I've been train the past week and I do my fill and then go HOME, the dwell of the fluids and the drain will then be done at home and I'll then do the next fill at home..I thought this was going to take at least 6 weeks but DH and I zipped through it in a week! I'm in the process of setting up all the supplies and things I'll be using,and to be honest, I'm scared to death. So wish me luck..You've all surrounded me with love since I fell ill in september, your love and prayers are part of why I am still here..so please wish me luck..
hugs
kades

Good luck to you dear Kads. You can do this. Hugs, prayers and much love are going your way today and always.

CJ, you know we are all thinking of you and remembering you in our prayers. I'm not surprised you are bit afraid, in fact, I'd think it would be strange if you weren't, but look how you zoomed thru the preliminaries and you will do as well or better on your own. I have a friend who administered her own chemo thru a drip system and I had no idea there was such a thing. BTW, she is doing very well. You've come a long way and we are proud of you!

Thanks Dina,Licia,Barb,Katie and Ray..Your support and caring makes me feel so special..
kades:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom