Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOOHOO!!! Our treadmill is getting fixed either this afternoon or tomorrow. *doing a happy dance*

This so easily could have been a vent: but like most things, I realised the silver lining won out.

Last night the cats were tearing around the bedroom, unsettled because DH is away and playful. For the first time since they were kittens I had to tell them off about climbing the curtains! Anyway, this went on for a long qhile, until, inevitably something broke, and unfortunately its was my barely used perfume, which one can only buy in France. I wear two perfumes, one is this one which I wear in the summer and in day time, the other one can only get in London, and I wear it in the evenings and winter, but I have run out of that one!

Anyway, as the bottle shattered and the bedroom filled with the scent of sun and violets I admit my lip quivered, but the cats froze with shock, and seem distraught too. I aalways know I love them, but they seemed so genuinely remorseful, and after gathering them up and settling them down I cleaned the glass up and then, got a clean mop and sorted out the perfume.

The joy of it was, I was reminded that my little cats mean so very much to me, and what faithful friends they are, and we slept, just the three of us in a warm bed in a room that smelled divine, and DH is going to bring me my London perfume home, and I get to anticipate the joy of a new botle of scent.

Thank heaven for cats and perfume!!

Oh lulu what a lovely story, thanks for sharing it with us! You are truly special to have been able to see the bright side of that episode. I confess I might have had a hissy fit in your position.

Nah, I'm nothing special, but my cats have me wrapped around their paws,lol. Actually, the cats are quite special. When we lived in London people used to pop in to see the cats...not us!

Hurrah, two celebrations in one day! DH managed to get another flight home! YIPPEE. His flight WAS cancelled, but he went to the airport and found a suitable alternative and will be home about 1 am! He could not get my perfume, BUT he found one he thinks I'll like, and he has an excellent nose, so really, I am just celebrating all over the show today :) Life is good!

I'm still numb from a phone call I received a few minutes ago from Buck.

Last Wednesday when I drove the 30 miles for my vittles supply shopping day, I had a little negative experience. As I was pulling out of my parking space in a shopping area, a little old lady backed out of her space right into the right rear of my car. I had already gotten to the point where I was almost completely out of my parking space and was beginning to straighten my wheels to leave the lot when she came out. I tried to honk at her to get her attention with no luck.

Okay, I reparked my car and got out to talk with her. She said she didn't see me. My car was nearly twice the size of hers. Hard to miss. She suggested we just drop the whole thing because it probably wouldn't be enough to worry the insurance company about. Told her "no" we needed to exchange the proper information. She was reluctant to do that but, in the end, did.

Buck took the car to the garage on Thursday for an estimate. About $200. Not bad. They just had to fix the rear bumper. In fact, the mechanic whacked it with a mallet and brought it out slightly.

Her insurance company called and said they'd send an adjuster to look at the car. The fellow came this morning, took pictures, etc. He left a check for the repair.

Now! Are you ready???? Scroll down.

$1,300.00 We're in shock. Came at a good time, too. Last month's heating bill was nearly $400.

Thats wonderful Katie E. It sure brightens up your day:)

AS most of you know, we have family sunday dinners here. Yesterday the girls came early with the kiddos so I got to sit and play with them..Ethan, spent the day strutting around telling us all he didn't wear baby diapers anymore and was now a BIG BOY:LOL: Olivia, followed me around so I sat with her and we practiced new words and I got called MA for the first time by our little girl, then Carson, who dosen't talk unless Carson wants to, opened up and said everything I asked him to. Wow,that was such a grand feeling. I've been really worried about him and now just hearing him yesterday was such a relief:) So,even the darkest day can change into one of sunshine and smiles with little kids.

kadesma:)

Katie, WHOOOHOO!!! What a lovely surprise!

Kadesma, I love hearing about your grandkids, they sound like such a special bunch. I'm glad Carson was speaking up for you too.

After 3 weeks in the hospital (one at a regular hospital & the other two at a rehab center to help learn to walk again) my FIL came home yesterday!! He was supposed to come home Friday but my MIL had a stomach virus & we decided it wouldn't be a good idea for him to come home until she was better.

crewsk said:
After 3 weeks in the hospital (one at a regular hospital & the other two at a rehab center to help learn to walk again) my FIL came home yesterday!! He was supposed to come home Friday but my MIL had a stomach virus & we decided it wouldn't be a good idea for him to come home until she was better.
crewsk,
thats wonderful news.It sounds as if he is making improvements and that really makes thing less stressful. I'm happy for all of you.
kadesma

Thanks kades! It's been a long hard 3 weeks & things won't be any easier with him home. He has to have someone with him 24/7 so on hubby's days off he'll be staying at his parents house while his mom is at work. He & his 2 brothers will be rotating weekends though.

crewsk said:
Thanks kades! It's been a long hard 3 weeks & things won't be any easier with him home. He has to have someone with him 24/7 so on hubby's days off he'll be staying at his parents house while his mom is at work. He & his 2 brothers will be rotating weekends though.
crewsk,
I know and it really is hard..We never did find out what happened with my dad, the doctors, just didn't want to be bothered..But,I tell you,I didn't know I could lift as much weight as I did 4-5 times a day with my dad. He got to the point where he barley spoke, was tripping and falling, then we had to get a wheel chair..Soon I was lifting him from bed to the chair, the to the dinning chair, back to the wheel chair,,I could see by his eyes that he hated me having to do this. At the time, I only weighed 90 lbs. and funny thing was, I never was uncomfortable doing it..It wasn't til about 2 days after he passed that my body kind of took over and said enough. It's good the family is taking turns, as much as you love and want to do for them, when someone says, go rest for a couple of hours, do it..In the end, as they improve you will still be on your feet and happy you've been helping

kadesma

OK, I've got a list of celebrations but I'll keep it short.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Heard from all kinds of people in my life and felt very blessed all the way around.

Having a quiet day today. Just catching up on laundry and all the little stuff I ignored completely yesterday.;)

The sun is shining (even though its -20C) and the day is bright.

My girls are happy today, and we don't have anywhere we have to be tonight so we can just stay home and be a family.

Edit: Um, apparently my brain is on vacation. Ken just reminded me that we have tickets to the Chantal Kreviasuk concert tonight. OOPS. I DID know that because I was just talking about it on the phone. Holy brain hiccup!

Last edited:
My parents left for W. Virginia this morning & my mom just called to let me know that they had made it. She said that it's 19F & snowing like crazy. I'm just thankful that they had a safe trip!!

This is something to celebrate!

I'm typing this for my sister, Marge, about son John. The good news today is that he was sitting in a chair this morning (still attached to intravenous, but not intubated, using oxygen mask), eating canned fruit cocktail, canned pears, diet 7-up, diet coke, and then his lunch arrived. Sliced turkey on dark wheat, cranberry juice, orange slices, fruit cocktail, and soup. He is looking good too, the color returned to his face and the excess water is leaving his body. We are so happy to have this good news to share with you. We don't know about the results of the chemo treatment yet, to know if he will have to begin the second round of it next week. Marge will keep you informed as to his progress.

Please keep John in your prayers that the cancer is in remission and that it stays that way. Praise God for his love and mercy. We all thank you for your prayers also.

"Lil Sis,"
Caroli

wasabi said:
I'm typing this for my sister, Marge, about son John. The good news today is that he was sitting in a chair this morning (still attached to intravenous, but not intubated, using oxygen mask), eating canned fruit cocktail, canned pears, diet 7-up, diet coke, and then his lunch arrived. Sliced turkey on dark wheat, cranberry juice, orange slices, fruit cocktail, and soup. He is looking good too, the color returned to his face and the excess water is leaving his body. We are so happy to have this good news to share with you. We don't know about the results of the chemo treatment yet, to know if he will have to begin the second round of it next week. Marge will keep you informed as to his progress.

Please keep John in your prayers that the cancer is in remission and that it stays that way. Praise God for his love and mercy. We all thank you for your prayers also.

"Lil Sis,"
Caroli

Yes this is definetely something to celebrate.

And too we should celebrate your return Wasabi........where the heck you been? You've truely been missed. Welcome Back!

The news about John is great news indeed!

I am celebrating that the sun is out, my garden is full of birds and spring is most definitely in the air! I woke up full of ebnergy and have got loads of boring houseworky chores out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom