Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
texasgirl said:
Today is our 22nd anniversary!! We were the one's that noone thought would last. I was 16 and he was 21. Wow, just told my age didn't I? LOL
Lot's of crying and laughing, but, I'm glad I'm still here!!

May your anniversary be filled with joy and may you be surrounded by loving family and friends. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.:heart:

texasgirl said:
Today is our 22nd anniversary!! We were the one's that noone thought would last. I was 16 and he was 21. Wow, just told my age didn't I? LOL
Happy Anniversary, TG! Chronia Polla!!

Alix said:
OK, even though I have strep throat I have a celebratory thing to share.

I was going thru the channels of trying to get into my Dr, and got an appt for 3pm. Not the best time for me because the kids get home around 3:30, but I took it. I thought I'd just check out the local Medicenters to see if I could get seen more quickly. The first one I tried had +1.5 hour wait. No thanks. Then I cruised up to the Mall and lo and behold, not only was there no wait, I got right in...the doctor saw me within about a minute and I left a few moments after that. I bet I wasn't there 10 minutes! And now I have antibiotics and a gargle so I don't feel like I'm swallowing knives anymore!

WOOHOO!!
Alix, hope you are feeling better now. Do not forget to take yoghurt later to replace the friendly bacteria and to help boost your immunity.:)

crewsk said:
We are having Savannah's birthday party tomorrow. It's a celebration for us because, 7 years ago this Sunday, we didn't know if she would make it or not.
Happy Birthday to Savannah, crewsk! Great news about TC!!

texasgirl said:

Many congratulations.:)

Texasgirl, CONGRATULATIONS! Way to go girl! How's hubby feeling these days? Things all back to normal now?

Crewsk, Happy Birthday to Miss Savannah! And WOOHOO! to TC!

Boufa, I am already on top of the yogurt thing. I had to look carefully to find ones with active cultures though. Thanks for the reminder.

congratulations on the anniversary texasgirl!!!

I am finally starting to feel better. Taken awhile but think it's almost gone(i hope)

Alix i hope you also start feeling better soon :)

Last edited:
Yeah for everyone! This is a great thread to read!

tg, we miss you around here! What's the latest? And Happy Anniversary!

I'm not certain if this is a celebration as much as it is a proud mom moment. Last night I went out with some friends (I know, can you believe it?!). I heard about my boys night today. We have gates on the stairs for Callum but every so often we forget to close them. Callum is great at climbing and is very confident. From what Aidan tells me, Callum was trying to walk up (he's usually crawls) the stairs when dad wasn't looking. Aidan ran over to him and spotted him. Somehow they both fell down 2 stairs. dh ran over to find Aidan holding Callum's head and back to protect him from hitting the floor. What a good big brother.

Wohoo, I am celebrating that I am back! I wiped my cookies and my passwords with them last week and was in a rush and then off for the weekend, and just managed to sort it out! Hurrah for DC!

Katalyst said:
Sizz, Max is real a cutie! I'm a softie on the orphans.... 6 of my 10 pets were adopted. DH has banned me from the "shelter day" at the pet store. :angel:
But they truly are the best pets... they seem to know how lucky they are.

On the charity thing, I discovered PetSmart has "Recycle for Life." PetSmart Charities I send in old ink cartridges ( they take old cell phones, too) and the money goes to animals instead of the office stores. They have the postage-paid envelopes right at the checkout.

Hey thanks for that information I'll def. be saving those things for them.

Hope your feeling much better Alix.
Congrats on the Anniversary Tex! Ditto on the missing seeing you around here.
Tell Savannah Happy Birthday for me Crewsk. Good news about TJ too!
Corazon......Aidan sounds like a wonderful brother! So glad they didn't get hurt.
Glad to see you back Lulu.

Katalyst said:
On the charity thing, I discovered PetSmart has "Recycle for Life." PetSmart Charities I send in old ink cartridges ( they take old cell phones, too) and the money goes to animals instead of the office stores. They have the postage-paid envelopes right at the checkout.

Thank you so much for this information! :)

I`m pleased that I`ve made a few folks happy today, I was at the monthly committee meeting this morning and came up with an idea that will save not only loads of cash but also get the job done :)

it involves me stripping down Solar powered garden lamps and building them into Dummy Cameras, so that at night the light comes on and they Look Active :)

that way we can mount them on poles, maintainance free, no live feed to them or expensive wire runs, and all our gardens and veggies won`t get stollen and Chavs will think twice about breaking in the area and burning our potting sheds etc...

no batteries to change, no wires to run, apparently Active... what more do ya need :)

Too cool , YT!!

I guess I missed the last page of responses before I did. Thank you everyone, I miss being here. Work is really hectic and then coming home and processing food and cooking twice gets time consuming to say the least.
He isn't doing any better. We're to the point that he just has to deal with it. It amazes me that of all the accomplishments that the medical profession has done, nothing can be done for my husband!! It's depressing. We had fun with my son. Sorry, no pics. Really didn't think about it. I was happy to see him. He's healthy and happy, that's all that matters to me.

I am almost singing with happiness! We have been interviewing hapless person after happless person for the easy job oif weekend catsitting so we can wander further afield at weekends, and just a few minutes a go I employed the most wonderfully happy and seemingly sharp girl from NY to come in. The cats loved her and she seems happy to dodge our landlord and seems like she'll be able to slam the door shut and not let the girls run out. So, I am happily going away for the weekend!

YAY lulu! Have a lovely time. (And boy I feel your pain about finding the right person to catsit!)

YT2095? Are you here? I just want to say THANK YOU!!! I tried your suggestion about raising my core body temp for several hours (which really isn't difficult where I work!) it WORKED! The spots in my throat are nearly all gone and I can swallow without pain for the first time in a week.

OK, yes I know it was likely getting to the end of its run anyway, but honestly, it was not getting appreciably better until this morning. So if this ever happens to one of you, take YT's advice and heat yourself right up for a while.

Back
Top Bottom