Menu help, again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I swear, my imagination has left me.

What would you serve to accompany a main dish of grilled shrimmp and taboulleh? I am having guests for dinner and I can't think of a thing.

I am having figs and ice cream for dessert, and some kind of light starter.
Help! and thank you in advance..

Lyndalou

I would use a salad of chicory, little gem, avocado and peas to keep it fresh and let the shrimp shine. I use that salad often when I am groping for something to bolster a main that glows in its own right. I dress it with either Olive oil or a squeeze or fresh orange. Hope that helps.

How about grilled fresh pineapple slices or a nice fruit salad. Also, grilled vegetables like sliced zucchini, tomato halves, eggplant slices, sweet whole onions, etc. might be a good side dish. Just toss them with lots of olive oil, salt, pepper, any other herbs you like and grill. I also saw a chef (can't remember who) on the food network grill heads of romaine lettuce. The lettuce heads were cut down the center (long way) and they were drizzled with olive oil and grilled just a few minutes on the cut side. I believe the grilled heads were served with a viniagrette dressing. Let us know what you decide to do and how your dinner turns out!!

Back
Top Bottom