Odd Holiday Traditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
We were just talking about the weird things we do at Christmas. I got to wondering if it was just us or if everyone has something a bit odd that they keep as a tradition.

Our weird thing is a silly string fight. One year Santa put silly string in everyone's stocking. SOMEONE started the fight :angel:, and its become a tradition. We have pictures of all our pets covered in silly string.

We were just talking about the weird things we do at Christmas. I got to wondering if it was just us or if everyone has something a bit odd that they keep as a tradition.

Our weird thing is a silly string fight. One year Santa put silly string in everyone's stocking. SOMEONE started the fight :angel:, and its become a tradition. We have pictures of all our pets covered in silly string.

I get a frozen lobster in my stocking every year. It started because Santa couldn't think of anything for my stocking, until he/she saw the lobsters.

OMG! That's a great one! I used to get a can of smoked oysters and a jar of green olives. I loved that! My Santa thinks that's a bit gross though. LOL.

OMG! That's a great one! I used to get a can of smoked oysters and a jar of green olives. I loved that! My Santa thinks that's a bit gross though. LOL.

I would love that, too! My Santa thinks it's gross, too. Now I get a gift card so I can go buy a lobster.

I grab a pair of tongs in each hand, put on my old welding hood, some scuba flippers on my feet, strip nekkid and deliver a bag of peanut brittle to each of my neighbors' mail boxes at 3 in the morning.
OK, not really. I don't do anything odd on the holidays. Not any more than usual ;)

pacanis said:
I grab a pair of tongs in each hand, put on my old welding hood, some scuba flippers on my feet, strip nekkid and deliver a bag of peanut brittle to each of my neighbors' mail boxes at 3 in the morning.

:screeeaaammm::shriekkkk:

Geez, Pac, and I thought I was the only one to do that...

OK, not really. I don't do anything odd on the holidays. Not any more than usual ;)

<scream>:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Ow! I think I broke a rib...

And as the nekkid flippered Santa Pac slides down the chimney, tongs in hand, he gently places a frozen lobster tail, a jar of olives, and a small bag of peanut brittle in each and every stocking. Oysters are too expensive this year.

And to all, a good night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom