Please Share, Holiday Games Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefmaloney

Senior Cook
I'm looking for games people play with the family when they are together.

Of course we buy the children games, toys, & clothes for Christmas.
Having such a large & extended family the adults in my family don't exchange gifts with each other, the cost would be astronomical.
But we do have a drawing each year and it makes for a lot of fun and conversation. Usually 15 or 20 of us participate each year.
Here's how we play:
We set a price limit for one gift. Last year we settled on a $20.00 limit.
Participating family members purchase a gift with a value of $20.00 or less and wrap the gift but do not put a name on it.
On Christmas day when we are all together and stuffed from the feast, all of these gifts go in a pile in the middle of the room.
We put numbers in a bowl (corresponding with the number of gifts) and draw them.
The person receiving #1 may take any gift in the pile and open it.
The person drawing #2 may either choose a gift from the pile and open it, or they may take the gift from the person who drew #1
If your opened gift is taken from you, you open another gift from the pile but you must keep the gift this time (unless someone takes it from you later).
The person who drew #3 may either take an unopened gift from the pile and open it, or they may take the gift from #1 or #2 (again, if someone takes your gift from you, you must open another gift and keep it)
and so on.... the person who draws #10 for example may choose from 9 gifts which have been opened, or they may choose an unopened gift from the pile. The person with the highest # gets to choose from all of the opened gifts or open the last gift from the pile and keep it.

We truly have a lot of fun with this game each year :ROFLMAO:

We do about the same thing only the #2 person opens the gift then can exchange with the 1st, #3 person opens gift and has chioce of exchangeing with 1 or 2 and so on. when the final person has opened their gift and made their chioce of keeping or exchanging fo another one, # 1 gets the choice of exchanging with anyone. At our Christmas the oldest person (hubbys grandmother) gets #1.
I think I like the way your family does it better chefmaloney.

Chefmaloney, I have played that game at PTA Christmas parties and at work Christmas parties. I love it!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom