Sending your body mixed messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vyapti

Sous Chef
I've got two birthdays I'm cooking for in the coming week. I'm making enchiladas for my wife, and today, I'm making pasta primavera. I left a few things off my shopping list yesterday and had to make an emergency run to the grocery store today.

I was amused at the check out counter because I had some paprika, a carton of heavy whipping cream, a pound of lard . . . and Slimfast. Maybe this is the start of a new diet fad.

lol, vyapti........

this afternoon my cart contained some Atkins shakes, baby carrots, Honey Nut Cheerios, box o' wine, and some South Beach breakfast bars.

LOL, vyapti. Reminds me of an old Roseanne episode, where she takes the kids on an outing to the supermarket. The man in front of her at the check-out counter had a bottle of Vodka, cookies and a TV guide (something like that). Roseanne says to the kids "You can tell, he's single." :LOL:

I had an interesting one recently. In front of me was an older gentleman I didn't know (I live in a small town). In front of him was one of my exercise buddies. She turned and looked at me, then introduced the man as her father. Then she said, "LOOK AT HIM!" "Capers, Ovieto, Asiago cheese ..." listing the dozen or so gourmet ingredients he was buying. "Why didn't he do this when Mom was healthy?? I'm so jealous!" We all laughed. Turned out her Mom had a stroke and could no longer cook. Her father discovered his inner gourmet chef -- in his seventies.

I often make up stories about people based on what I see in their grocery carts!

lol claire, i do the same thing.
i love trying to figure out what people are making by looking at their stuff in the checkout line.

this reminds me of a great simpson's episode"

Homer walks into a gas station and says to the clerk:
"Let's see, I'll take a box of condoms, some maxipads, a bottle of wild turkey, some illegal fireworks, and a home anema kit. Make it two."

Later in the episode, Marge opens the bag of groceries and says:
"I don't know what you're planning Homer, but count me out."

Back
Top Bottom