So what did you get for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband and I gave up on buying each other gifts several years ago. We don't have kids. My parents give us a check every year, and we're debating between a computer upgrade (which I suspect will happen anyway) and a Wisconsin/Michigan trip (Michigan will be the last state that I have not set foot in; at least I don't think. Traveled a lot as a kid, so may have been there, but I don't think so). I also got a second pair of LL Bean flannel lined jeans, which I wear a lot since I walk a lot in sub-freezing weather. My sisters sent a box of citrus, which I'm loving.

Claire, may I suggest that you start near St. Joseph Michigan and work your way up the west coast of Michigan maybe stopping in Saugatuck for the galleries, and checking out the lighthouses along the way. Be sure to see petosky at the top of the mitten and then hit the fort at the bridge. there are also lighthouses near there. You might like to try to get to the bridge at night to see it all alight. It's beautiful. And if you happen to end up near Grand Rapids give me a hollar.

Jabbar:
I got a Wii. It's used but that's what my son could afford on his salary. He'll spend the next week while I'm gone removing stuff from it from the previous owner (him) and hooking it up to my tv. I mainly want it to stream Netflix. The other thing I got was a White Christmas in Virginia. Around 3pm it started snowing and hasn't stopped since!

We also do the used thing and love it because we can afford much nicer things than if we were to pay retail. I got a laptop computer and can't wait to get the wireless hooked up so I can really use it. I also got two 1/4 sheet pans that I have been asking for for years. That was the only food related gift I got this year. Usually my whole Christmas is food related.

Last edited:
Lots and lots of music CDs (I gotta have my tunes.), a huge bottle of Shalimar perfume, a small pain di mie pan, a heavy-duty Chicago Metallic three compartment baking pan, a book on a gazillion ways to cut up T-shirts for new looks, a stainless steel shower caddy, and an awesome rain suit to wear when we ride our Harley. The rain suit is beautiful and the pants can double as chaps, which is something I can use as I don't have any chaps. Could've used them last week when we took a chilly ride.

I've already used my pain di mie pan and the bread is fantastic. Baked some yesterday.

"Toblerones! It's impossible to eat a ****** Toblerone without hurting yourself!" ~~ Billy Connely

Ever see him live? I went with Stirling, my current husband, and Emma, my belle-mère (I call her that because that's French for mum-in-law and she is my ex's mum - I didn't divorce her). My ex is Scottish, immigrated to Canada at about age 18. He had almost all of Billy Connolly's albums, so I'm a fan from way back.

My husband and I gave up on buying each other gifts several years ago. We don't have kids. My parents give us a check every year, and we're debating between a computer upgrade (which I suspect will happen anyway) and a Wisconsin/Michigan trip (Michigan will be the last state that I have not set foot in; at least I don't think. Traveled a lot as a kid, so may have been there, but I don't think so). I also got a second pair of LL Bean flannel lined jeans, which I wear a lot since I walk a lot in sub-freezing weather. My sisters sent a box of citrus, which I'm loving.

Same here, but in our case it is his parents who make an online deposit into our bank account. I don't have my parents any more.

Won't be travelling except to visit his parents when everyone is feeling better.

I'm going to have check out those flannel lined LL Bean Jeans.

I got some cash, a mini-bundt pan, one of those Big Top Cupcake cake mold things, a cupcake cookbook and some pajamas. Me and dh don't buy for each other. The best gift of all was seeing the girls' eyes light up Christmas morning :)

I got a pressure cooker NOW I need to get a clue!! How to use it that is.

I posted an "ISO" thread if anyone has tips please visit the thread and help me find a clue!! LOL

TYIA

You have Star Trek dishes! Ooooh, I want.

They are a replica of the ones used in the dinner with the Klingons in "The Undiscovered Country" and made by Pfaltzgraff.

Here is a link to a picture of them. I also have the chip and dip set. :rolleyes:

i got to many nice gifts to list. no cooking stuff. got $100.00 card for walmart. already spent it on a nice chair for my computer room. now i can put the dining room chair i have been using back where it belongs.

all my gifts for the great grand babies were a big hit. lilly went straight for her rocking chair. georgia's trike was just the right size. aubrey the four year old was just thrilled with all her Rapunzel bed things i made and bought. had a wonderful christmas.

my best gift was getting better from recent cold related sickies.

We didn't have much money to buy gifts, but I like what I got. James got me 3 bottles of Jordache "knock-off" colognes (their version of Tommy Girl, Anais Anais, and Cool Water). He got me a retractable dog leash with a built in radio and flashlight. :LOL: He also got me seasons one and two of "Chuck." Also a mini flashlight for my purse, a flashlight thing to wear on my head (I can become a coal miner now! LOL) and a set of tweezers for jewelry making. My best friend and her husband gave me a pretty "God's Heart" bracelet (picture below). Their 6-year-old daughter gave me 3 cute pairs of Christmas earrings. Santa brought a huge jar of Nutella.

One of our funniest gifts (yet still practical!) was a jar of "T.O.E. Jam." It is made from Tangerines, Oranges, and Elderberries.

:)Barbara

Attachments

• God's Heart bracelet.gif
    God's Heart bracelet.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 58
They are a replica of the ones used in the dinner with the Klingons in "The Undiscovered Country" and made by Pfaltzgraff.

Here is a link to a picture of them. I also have the chip and dip set. :rolleyes:

You seem to have forgotten to put the link :ermm:

I got some money and gift cards, a marble pastry board, a bench scraper, 2 cookbooks; "Mosh Potatoes" Recipes, anecdotes and mayhem from the heavyweights of heavy metal, and "Hellbent for Cooking", fireball whiskey, bacardi rum, 2 concert tickets to see Finntroll, and Kalmah (metal bands), a nice coat that looks like a sweater, and candyyyy.

The first time I tried the link it wouldn't let me open it, but it worked the next time. :cool:

James would LOVE those!!!

:)Barbara

I can't believe how collectible they are, I saw a set for 8 going for $1,400 on ebay!

I received as gifts, a steering wheel cover, 1 screw driver, 3 pajama bottoms, a sleeping cap, a rain jacket, an after shave lotion, a set of butane gas lighters, and a polo shirt.

I'd guess you can find just a serving set for one for a reasonable price.

I'd like to buy a vowel

Back
Top Bottom