Strict rules for this site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understood you the first time. I'm not aware of especially strict rules in the past. That's why I asked you to be more specific. What struck rules did you hear about that are no longer in place?

i actually didn't hear about any but other discussion forums are having strict rules and here no.
but i thought to myself.. maybe there were such rules in the past.

i'm very interested about the concept of discussion forums so this is somewhat an obvious question that pops my mind

I don't know how our rules compare to other forums. We want to be friendly to all ages and skill levels.

in my opinion almost all other discussion forums are not friendly generally speaking and this is because of strict rules.
i think it's an interesting topic.
i even think it is critical to freedom of speech which is not respected by people in a very basic level.

I don't recall any strick rules here. Mostly, try to keep politics and relegion out of it. It is a food forum.
The only Heated discussions I recall are Proper methods of making Chilli, or Boston Baked Beans!
Eric, Austin, Tx.

S-T-B, I don't know if the rules were stricter before I joined; the only rules that matter are the ones in place while you're an active member here. ;) A link to "Da Rules" is at the very bottom of the page - that is if you are reading from a laptop. I've not found a way to find some features when using the app on my phone or tablet and find accessing DC through a browser window on those portable devices rather clumsy for me.

If you haven't seen the list of rules before, scroll to the bottom of the screen and look for "Community Rules" in the blue bar at the bottom. Or click here: Community Rules. They're pretty basic - be kind and don't argue. And watch your language! Discussions about religion and politics are off the table, because they often lead to angry discussions. There are other forums that cater to those topics.

Usually a forum gets ugly when sensitive topics come up such as politics, religion, and similar stuff.
Some fora always have fights while some are nice inviting places. All depends on the community :)

if you are saying that there are other off topic forums that are free to discuss more variety of ideas let me know which forums you know about.

i will be glad to know if such forum exist.

until then. for me at least. the internet is pretty censored place. awfully censored to be honest....

Not quite clear as to what you mean.
Are you saying you´d rather discuss non-foodie ideas, or are you looking for a polticial/religious forum?

first i think people need a comfortable places to talk and then it can be decided if politics are allowed and how.......

S-I-B, when you sign up for DC, the rules are right there on the registration page. It tells you that Discuss Cooking will not allow discussions on politics or religion. You agree to that disclaimer before you can become a member. No "deciding" on those topics. It's laid out that they won't be discussed here. Some of us actually enjoy a place where we can chat with others and not worry about those topics.

If you want those kinds of discussions, you need to join a forum that allows that. Just Google "political social forums" or "religious social forums" or "topic-of-interest social forums" and see if you find something you like. You can still come back here to talk food and other less controversial :huh: topics.

There's plenty of discussion of politics and religion on Twitter and Facebook. I read some of that. Sometimes, I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere here.

I know of some that will kick your ass to the curb if they think you're a Donald Trump supporter, even if you were just playing devil's advocate.

People, right or wrong, are entitled to their opinions.

If someone has a different opinion to you, you can have a friendly debate but as soon as it is no longer "friendly" it needs to stop.

Unfortunately, when some get hot under the collar, they feel the need to have the "last word" thereby (in their opinion) having proved their point and won.

These last words are usually petty/childish/snarky, having become arrogrant, insulting and are degrading to both of the posters. At this point a moderator will step in. What action the mods take is entirely up to their discretion.

This is a privately owned forum and they can make whatever rules they want! If you should want to make a change you are free to make any suggestions you would like. If "they" do not agree it is their right and privilege.

As Cooking Goddess pointed out, when you registered the rules are clearly stated. Even on the "Back Porch" there are limitations.

Back
Top Bottom