The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I go to "Listen Online" link from that site. Clicking that link brings up an immediate download. No thanks.
Keep it simple.

Along that kind of music...

Aah. I see what you mean. That is just a stream link that plays in in any music player I think, but for sure in one like VLC. I remember being confused by it at first too. Sorry for the inconvenience and I won't post that link again.

Thanks for the Jorma link. Blue Country Heart is a favorite album of mine.

Aah. I see what you mean. That is just a stream link that plays in in any music player I think, but for sure in one like VLC. I remember being confused by it at first too. Sorry for the inconvenience and I won't post that link again.

Thanks for the Jorma link. Blue Country Heart is a favorite album of mine.

I like where you were coming from with that music. I couldn't help but chime in with that song.

Jorma was the lead guitarist for the Jefferson Airplane in their heyday, you probably knew that.

Last edited:
Thanks Rocklobster. I added CJHR to my online radio links and am happily listening to it as I write this.
I'm in Memphis Tennessee and we have a bit of musical history too. WEVL is a volunteer-programmed and listener-sponsored radio station. There is a variety of genres depending on the interests and collection of the volunteer who puts on each show. May sound hokey but they been doin' it a long time and got pretty good at it. You can just find the link on their website and listen live or check the program schedule for a show with the kind of stuff you like to listen to..

Thanks for that link. I''ll check it out. It sounds a lot like my local...you never know what to expect...

Jorma was the lead guitarist for the Jefferson Airplane in their heyday, you probably knew that.
Yup. It surprises lots of "too cool" folks to find out many of those early rock and roll musicians actually first learned to play bluegrass, country or Appalachian folk. You probably know that Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead started out playing bluegrass banjo.
But here's a duo younger than the folks we're talking about that write and play in that syle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekqFYafIx0

I found a way to prevent Youtube from showing suggested videos after my video completes here. It works. When this posted video ends, Youtube doesn't bring up additional video suggestions. Cool. However, it leaves a couple of lines of technical info at the bottom of my video, which I can't seem to get rid of.

Below is just a random example song I chose. Notice how the video ends with no "suggested videos" afterward. Great! I just can't figure out what's causing those extra lines of technical info to show up.
My preview post looks like this: [.youtube]gFHLO_2_THg?rel=0[./youtube] I put a period to keep it from embedding. The colored ?rel=0 added to the line of html is the key to making YouTube not show suggested videos at the end of the video. It works! But why is that other info showing up? :neutral: :ohmy: :huh: Do you guys see it? Not a big deal. Maybe it's how this forum engine works displaying videos?

[youtube]gFHLO_2_THg?rel=0[/youtube]

Last edited:
Hey! It's a cooking forum, what do you expect!? :LOL:

Hey! Google Chrome just auto updated my browser, Sat. Sept 3rd. It changed some things. The fonts here are bigger. The Chrome browser bar at the top is colored grey now. My url field box is smaller. What gives?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom