The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope there are more conversations like this one on this thread.

LT, my first introduction to this song was from the Blood Sweat and Tears premier album enjoyed while locked in my bedroom after dropping out "graduating early" from high school. Listening to their version again, after so many years, I'm surprised how good it is.

Kayelle, thanks for posting "Teach Me Tonight". I didn't know that song. Since your post, I have listened to versions including Frank Sinatra's and Amy Winehouse'. This is a song so carefully "laid between the lines" that it can even be played within Discuss Cooking. James Taylor's version is masterful.

Last edited:
SL, "Teach Me Tonight" has been a favorite of mine since it was first recorded when I was a child in 1954.

Some have done it better than others through the years, but James Taylor singing it after all these years is the icing on the cake for me. You are so right, that his version is both masterful, and magic.

Here is a link provided by Spotify to James Taylor's new album titled American Standard. I think access is available to all. If that isn't so please let me know and I will request forum administration deletion of this post.

Here is a link provided by Spotify to James Taylor's new album titled American Standard. I think access is available to all. If that isn't so please let me know and I will request forum administration deletion of this post.

SL, I'm over the moon happy. The release date for it was today, and I asked Alexa to play "American Standard by James Taylor" on my Echo ( along with my subwoofer) Sure enough all the selections are filling my home as we speak. What GREAT music!!

It's been a very long time since an album has made me this happy. :mrgreen:

LOL! Caught Dad singing along to a Queen song, told him it was Queen. "Really? I'll have to find more of their stuff." I took him my 4 disc set so he could burn it to CD.
I have a video of when I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane ;) with an experienced parachuter, of course. The video is set to "Fat-Bottomed Girls"! DH chose the music! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom