What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Souschef and I have been "Zooming" with family this morning. :heart:

We had 4 windows open with my younger son, DIL and little Cheyenne, my older son in another window, and his wife in another window. It's the first time we've been "together" with all of them for several months. This Mama misses her two boys like crazy and we all had a ball joking and laughing like old times. What a great way to start the week, till we all get together next Sunday morning. I'm hoping the two grown grand kids can join us then.:wub:

Who else Zooms?

I've been Guerilla Grooming my Princess Buttercup. Trying to snip patches as she allows until I get her fur down far enough to try the clippers on her. Tried the clippers first and she about went ape! Right now she looks like a Patchwork Gurl and is hiding from me. She lowers her guard and I am right there with the scissors. May take a few days to make her pretty. She lets me brush her...except for her hindquarters.

I’ve never zoomed but I’ll watch my grandkids zoom with their school work tomorrow.
Their parents are back working again so we’ll have the kids almost daily til they get out for summer vacation. Rock.

Sorry for your troubles, Jon.

I am so pathetic. I'm missing baseball so much that I logged into my MLB Audio account, pulled up the baseball game from June 1, 2019, and have been listening to it for the last couple of hours. Man, I miss baseball...

Sorry for your troubles, Jon.

I am so pathetic. I'm missing baseball so much that I logged into my MLB Audio account, pulled up the baseball game from June 1, 2019, and have been listening to it for the last couple of hours. Man, I miss baseball...

Do I ever know how you feel. I wait all winter for baseball to start in the spring.

Been keeping busy as usual. My off button is malfunctioning.:ROFLMAO:

Everyone has been nagging me to sell the house lease a condo.
Nobody wants me to stay here any longer than necessary.

So lately I've been sorting things out. What I want to keep? What will go?
How am I going to get everything moved? Downsizing is a drag. House to condo, yeah time to offload a lot of things.

Munky.

I'm setting up a new laptop, Windows 10. It's PITA. It is currently installing a bunch of updates. I hate this part of getting a new computer.

I'm setting up a new laptop, Windows 10. It's PITA. It is currently installing a bunch of updates. I hate this part of getting a new computer.

I agree about it being a pain.

Jeannie and I purchased new laptops, with Windows 10, in December. I took them to a local tech shop and had them set everything up, transferring what we needed/wanted. I was pleased with that and with how reasonable it was, price wise.

Ross

Couple months ago I needed a new laptop and decided to switch to a Mac. Smartest move I’ve made.

Good move roadfix. I've been an Apple fan since the Apple IIC in the '80s (desktop, laptop, tablet and smart phone).

Too expensive for my taste and there were things about the iPhone that I hated. I would probably switch to Linux before switching to Apple. The main reason I don't, is I have a bunch of free software (mostly open source) that I use. Some of it doesn't run on in Linux. I think even more of it doesn't run on any of the Apple / Mac operating systems.

A lot of the setup that I don't enjoy doing is the preferences. I want my dates in yyyy-mm-dd format and my time in 24h format. I don't want anything downloading without asking me right before it's going to do it. I don't want anything installing anything on my computer without asking right before it does it. I'm sure I have other preferences that are peculiar.

It’s that I’ve has issues with every single PC I’ve owned, both laptops and desktops, except Chromebooks.
But since I’ve been using iPhones and iPads for several years now it was natural for me to switch to a Mac laptop although there was a bit of learning curve coming from Windows.

Close to my heart, I'm making baby clothes, blankets, etc. for a baby that is going to arrive at the end of October.

So, you say, "What's the big deal."

The big deal is that Buck's and my son and his wife are finally able to conceive a child....after nearly 20 years. Buck's son will be 50 in August and the sweet baby is scheduled to arrive in October.

They have tried to have a child all their marriage and I couldn't be happier.

My knitting needles and sewing machine are smokin' and my thoughts are racing about what to make.

My heart us full and, so far, everything is going well.

I am trying to avoid the stares of my dog as I eat my breakfast. She gets the "last bite" of my sausages but started her "sit good girl" pose before I even took the first. She can be hard to resist - but if I give her the bite too early she will just want more!

Large Amazon box on the porch when I got home, not sure what's in it as I went a bit crazy and they have also been sending one item at a time for my orders. Get it inside and open it...dog and cat toys, books, blankets.

Before I had the box open all the way, the 22 year old was in there slobbering all over everything. So I am pulling things out of the box around her. Finally get everything opened and distributed, she's still in the box. I move her and the box so I can get the computer up and running and my dinner unbagged. Different cat in the box. then another and even the dog took a sit in the box.

That's it! They are just getting boxes from now on.

Back
Top Bottom