What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The closest dinner+entertainment we have here is a Spanish Flamenco restaurant.....an hour long Flamenco guitar & dance stage show after dinner type thing... I've been there a few times over the years.

We watched our favorite annual Christmas movie last night - "It's a Wonderful Life," the colorized version. Loved it, as always.

Spike's ultimate favorite movie. He has never missed it since he moved out with his bride and has a tape of it also. Watches it on TV, then the next day gets out his CD.

GG, the closest we've ever been to what you have at that cinema theatre was a one-time event at Akron's historic Civic Theatre, an atmospheric theatre with a Moorish castle theme, twinkling stars in the ceiling, and drifting clouds at random intervals. It's a live-performance venue, but they did a movie-and-dinner event with pretend tables. They did something with every-other row to create tables from the seats and backs. I can't even remember how they did it, I just know it was a bit awkward - nowhere near as stylish as your Commodore. Can't remember the movie, either, but I do remember how impressive it was when their Wurlitzer organ rose up from the orchestra pit!

...I wasn't aware that place had actual tables...
That does look like the coolest thing, right Kayelle?

“Some Like It Hot” for about the 20th time. It always cracks me up! I remember watching it for the first time with my mom when I was in high school.

I channeled surfed as usual. Nothing was on. Then...I saw Strz had on "Journey to the Center of the Earth" at 11:00pm my time. I hadn't seen it in awhile. The 1959 Jules Verne movie with James Mason. It was the late night movie I needed.

Last edited:
The last documentary I looked at was Love Gilda which is going to get a so called re-air Saturday night at 9pm on CNN.

If you want see a nice documentary on the full life of Gilda Radner who was on the real early days of Saturday Night Live this one is for you.

A bunch of former SNL stars appear in this to read stuff Gilda wrote. We get a good amount of video from here before she was on Saturday Night Live.

I give this documentary a big sized thumbs up me.

Tyler is on winter break from school and was here all day Monday - we watched "Charlotte's Web" and both enjoyed it. :)

Shoot, I had high hopes for Bird Box as I really like Sandra Bullock. I'll probably watch it anyway as I already paid for it with my Netflix membership.
Now I see on the news that Netflix has had to issue a warning telling all dimwits not to walk around blindfolded. :wacko::rolleyes:

Now I see on the news that Netflix has had to issue a warning telling all dimwits not to walk around blindfolded. :wacko::rolleyes:

Actually, these idiots have been driving blindfolded and posting on social media.

I find most all apocalyptic movies of this nature somewhat silly but end up watching some of them til the end. I only watched Bird Cage because people were talking about it and I like Sandra Bullock.
One movie of this type I really enjoyed was World War Z.

We finished watching Watership Down on Netflix last night. It’s more of a mini series, than a movie.

I’ve read Adams’ novel many times. The movie really didn’t do it justice. The book is quite profound, but I found the screen adaptation to be shallow. I also don’t recall rabbits falling in love in the book. Considering how rabbits breed (like rabbits), the whole “love” thing seemed very contrived; an attempt by the writers or the director to turn the rabbits into humans.

The animation is quite stunning. I must admit that I had a difficult time, though, distinguishing the different rabbits!

Even though this mini series has lots and lots of rabbits, it is NOT a film for younger children. There is a good amount of violence, and even some animated gore.

I agree, I thought it was pretty silly, but I watched it til the end anyway...

Sadly, so did I. As I am thinking about this movie now, I see how truly bad it was. Not silly at all. Plenty scary.

Fallowing tradition of watching bad movies I watched Jumanji, the new one, ok this one was bad, but indeed was silly.

I watched "Roman J. Israel, Esq" today, starring Denzel Washington. It was a little scattered IMO, but definitely kept my interest. Denzel Washington was great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom