What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right, Ross. Ann Bancroft played the part of Mrs. Robinson in "The Graduate". In this movie, however, Jennifer Aniston hears that the character of Mrs. R was inspired by the real life of her grandmother. Shirley MacLaine plays the part of Aniston's grandma.

And of course, none of this is real life anyway. It's just movies.

You're right, Ross. Ann Bancroft played the part of Mrs. Robinson in "The Graduate". In this movie, however, Jennifer Aniston hears that the character of Mrs. R was inspired by the real life of her grandmother. Shirley MacLaine plays the part of Aniston's grandma.

And of course, none of this is real life anyway. It's just movies.

Thank you for the clarification, CG.. :)

I shouldn't have commented without knowing more about the movie.. :ermm:

Ross

Himself suggested a movie last night and decided that "Rumor Has It" sounded good. While he was right (we did enjoy it), I think the real reason he picked it out was so he could look at Jennifer Aniston. [emoji1] Other actors of note were Kevin Costner, Shirley MacLaine, and Mark Ruffalo. The rumor of the title? That "grandma" was the original Mrs. Robinson.
Which service did you see it on?

Thanks, CG. We have two Roku units, so I should be able to find it. Might have to move one temporarily to the big TV in the living room from the little one in the kitchen.

Two movies in one weekend? :huh: I'm turning into my husband! :D Himself is a big TV watcher. Big "old movie" watcher. I usually find other things to do.

On Friday, we dusted off an old movie via Roku, "Donnie Brasco". Johnny Depp plays the lead, an FBI agent who infiltrates the Mob. Al Pacino plays mafioso member "Lefty" who takes Brasco under his wing. Good, basic mob movie. I've been fascinated with the Mafia ever since I was a teen and found out that the brother-in-law of my uncle-in-law was the Cleveland mob's "accountant". :ermm: :ohmy: I always wondered how he and his wife afforded such a fabulous house. Then fast forward with our own personal encounter with FBI agents scouring our first house to make sure we had not been bugged by the Mod due to our next door neighbors having interactions with the Mob. They ended up going into WitSec.

Tonight, we got around to watching something new, "Knives Out". Like all of you who have already seen it. we loved it. What amazes me, though, is how old some of the actresses looked. Himself thought that Jamie Lee Curtis was older than he is (71) and was surprised to find out that she is only 61. Did I mention how much we loved this movie?

Now looking forward to "Hamilton", dropping on Disney+ on Friday.

I actually sat down and watched a movie. It took two nights but I did it. Watched the Downtown Abbey movie.

I may have to watch the series now.

I don't know how I manage to watch the stupid movies twice. Saw Core, ok, so there is an important message the movie brings, but the execution was just blahh. I only realise at the end that I have already seen it, maybe like 10 years ago.

I actually sat down and watched a movie. It took two nights but I did it. Watched the Downtown Abbey movie.

I may have to watch the series now.

Oh Dave...I just loved the movie, and the entire series even more.
Start at the beginning and you have some great summer TV for both of you.

With your theater production background you'll be impressed I know. It's simply top-notch. Enjoy!
You may need the captions, but only sometimes with the staff.

Shirley Valentine, 1989, one of my very favorite movies. The first time I saw it I could really relate to Shirley, but I never dreamed I would ever be on an island like Shirley's in Greece.

Fast forward to 2007 when I had been widowed and married the Souschef on a neighboring Greek island. There was sure a lot of my story after 1989.
Because the SC and I have been remembering our wedding lately we watched it together and he saw it for the first time. This time we had captions for the British Speak, and I understood so much more. Souschef loved it almost as much as I do. Sigh...that restaurant..I'm still not sure just exactly how Shirley's story ended.

This is just a wonderful movie and I loved watching it together. It's on Amazon Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/Shirley-Valentine-Pauline-Collins/dp/B07HGDFF6X

Oh Dave...I just loved the movie, and the entire series even more.
Start at the beginning and you have some great summer TV for both of you.

With your theater production background you'll be impressed I know. It's simply top-notch. Enjoy!
You may need the captions, but only sometimes with the staff.
I think once we get through the three series were watching now we will probably start on it. I don't want to have four going or I'll never get any yard work or chores done after dinner lol.

Not a genre of movie I'd search for but, I will watch anything staring Charlize Theron..

The Old Guard- Netflix

"A group of mercenaries, all centuries-old immortals with the ability to heal themselves, discover someone is onto their secret, and they must fight to protect their freedom."

Loved it.. :)

Ross

Not a genre of movie I'd search for but, I will watch anything staring Charlize Theron..

The Old Guard- Netflix

"A group of mercenaries, all centuries-old immortals with the ability to heal themselves, discover someone is onto their secret, and they must fight to protect their freedom."

Ross

Great! thanks for the thumbs up, I had already put it on my list.. - mercs and immortals - just my thing. and I will usually watch anything with her too.

Almost forgot! Watched Devils and Angels last week - had already seen it but was a while ago - still good.

Last night watched The DaVinci Code - thought I had seen it but realized I had only read the book, never saw the movie til last night. Still good.

Believe I've also read Devils and Angels but really don't remember.

l remember asking my Optometrist is it was really possible to take someone's eye out (the person was dead) and then use it for the scan to open the safe as they did. She laughed and said She'd never thought about it but it would probably depend on the time frame of the person dying and getting the eye to the scan. After a period of time (she didn't elaborate how long) the eyeball would deteriorate and no longer be able to be "read" by a scanner.

The Old Guard- Netflix

Ross

We both loved that movie too Ross!! Not only was it unlike anything I would have chosen to watch, I thought the premise of the story fascinating and well told.

Theron is one of the great actresses of our time I think.

Who can ever forget her as the mass murderer of men? She was so UGLY in that movie, I could hardly believe it was her. Did you see her in that?
I can't remember the name of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom