YUCK! Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
oh man, i'm jealous alix. i love snow. i'm not the norm around here tho.

did you know people from new jersey have 17 different 4 letter words for snow?

yes, and they all begin with "f" (and I don't mean Fahrenheit). Make sure the weather isn't in the "f" range when we get together at T-giving, buddy.

Sorry Alix, I wish I could take it!!!!! I used to cry hysterically when I had to put a coat on over my princess costume!!!!!! It was the end of the world!!! :neutral:

BlueCat....I'm sending you my hot weather!

Alix, I'll take 2 snowmen, 14 snowballs, a birdhouse and a side of icicles. And, can you make that to go?

I have to agree with Alix here, having snow this early is not fun, especially when you have it for six months like they do in Alberta and like we do here in Maine. It's really pretty the first few snow falls, and especially around Christmas, but after that :wacko: it get out of control with the piles and piles of snow, the shoveling, the icy roads. But hey, it's fun to throw snowballs, make snow forts, go sledding, skiing, snowmobiling. :)

jkath said:
yeah! Me too!

You can trade me for my weather. We're supposed to hit 87 today.:neutral:

Wow, I cannot even imagine hitting 87 in October. Anything between 50-80 degrees is just perfect for me.

Alix said:
OK, for all you snow lovers out there. Here is what I woke up to this morning. Guess winter is here for good now. I was sort of hoping it would hold off until after Halloween.

Thats crazy.
Haha!
We've had snow in Ontario, but not enough to stay on the ground. Well in Oshawa at least.

Just an update for jkath. I know you will appreciate that it is currently about 15-20F here and not much hope of it getting warmer before about Thursday. The snow stopped some time Saturday night but we have about 8 inches of the dreaded white stuff.

I'm so green with envy...you have no idea!
Fortunately, there's a slight cloud cover, so it may not get higher than 75 today. And, at least it gets chilly in the evening....

jkath said:
at least it gets chilly in the evening....

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...
(OK, name THAT movie!) :-p

No snow on the ground here yet, but we have had some snow already (although it's warmed up a bit today...)

John

ronjohn55 said:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...
(OK, name THAT movie!) :-p

No snow on the ground here yet, but we have had some snow already (although it's warmed up a bit today...)

John

Princess Bride!!

What does "warmed up a bit" mean? Please don't tell me freaking 75!

Alix said:
Princess Bride!!

What does "warmed up a bit" mean? Please don't tell me freaking 75!

Nope, no more 75 degree days here! I think we were supposed to hit the mid 50s today for a high, but it's been cold and rainy here for the last 4 or 5 days.

John

We had our first frost last night. The poor chickens were mighty thirsty this morning because their water froze during the night.

poor chickies!!!

Ronjohn, "chilly" evenings means it hits in the high 40s overnight. I consider that chilly, but not cold.

Alix said:
OK, for all you snow lovers out there. Here is what I woke up to this morning. Guess winter is here for good now. I was sort of hoping it would hold off until after Halloween.

You can't complain. You live further North than even I do in SSM, MI. You live in The Great White North! Just ask Getty Lee.:ROFLMAO:

I love winter. I just wish all the neighborhood kids weren't grown up so I'd have someone to help me make a monster snowman, and a snow fort worthy of proper snowball fights.:mrgreen:

And boy do I miss those teen years riding my 1968 Polaris Mustang with the 389 JLO engine (I think it was 389 CC's :wacko: )

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

jkath said:
I love winter. I love to be freezing cold. I detest anything over 65 degrees. I don't care for the beach. I like pine trees. What the heck am I doing in SoCal??

Me too! How come my wife isn't like that? She's a El Cajon, Ca. girl, just about 30 miles East of San Diego. She hates the cold and loves temperatures that melt me.

If the temperature gets much above 75 Fareheight, I start feeling very hot. If it's above 68 in the house, I start sweating. I'm good between 5' to 68'. Below 5' F., I start to feel the cold.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
You can't complain. You live further North than even I do in SSM, MI. You live in The Great White North! Just ask Getty Lee.:ROFLMAO:

Um...respectfully Goodweed, complaining about the snow and assorted other crappy weather is one of the things we Canadians do best.

I have to take a picture of our back yard. Its covered in snow with green leaves falling all over the snow. Now thats something you don't see everyday.

Alix, I guess you don't want to know that it got up to 76° F. today. But tomorrow it will only be 64 :mrgreen: (running away now)

kitchenelf said:
Alix, I guess you don't want to know that it got up to 76° F. today. But tomorrow it will only be 64 :mrgreen: (running away now)

Where's my rolling pin????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom