I see that a member is listed as banned !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem with the joke was it was a bit too graphic. I have heard that joke years ago in a milder version and it was still just as funny. Also, it is irresponsible to use Home Depot for the location.

If you sit on "the other side" you look at things very differently.

I admit when I read the "b" word, I was mildly shocked.
And I agree about using Home Depot. After reading the story I went immediately to Home Depot and could not find those girls anywhere :LOL:
I hate when I'm told the wrong location :LOL:

Sometimes people are accused of being trolls erroneously. I'm not happy about the fact that I've been banned from 9 different boards, all different kinds for all kinds of reasons.

I can't remember all the so-called crimes I commited, but I do remember the following:

One time I talked too much about medical isues and people got nervous and I was asked to leave.

Another time I posted too many jokes and was accused of trolling and banned.

A third time I was looking for a certain recipe and didn't care for the recipes that people suggested. That made people very very angry and I was kickled off a la being a troll.

Another time I was deemed not spiritual enough.

Each board has rules and regulations but often they are overlooked as personalities come into play as well. I think that's annoying, but .....

Dude, you're either seeking out the wrong sites, very unlucky, or -- well....;)

As a conservative who frequents Home Depot I thought the joke was very funny.
My mistake was posting it in a forum where the majority of members are, I'm assuming, women. I can see my wife finding that joke, umm..........not funny, but on the other hand, not offensive.

:)

My mistake was posting it in a forum where the majority of members are, I'm assuming, women.
Actually your assumption would not necessarily be correct. This site is split pretty equally between men and woman.

Your mistake was posting a somewhat R rated joke on a PG site.

Oh, yeah, I remember the joke, roadfix. For the record, I wasn't offended in the least.

An "R" rating, GB????? Zounds!

Lee

Oh, yeah, I remember the joke, roadfix. For the record, I wasn't offended in the least.

An "R" rating, GB????? Zounds!

Lee

Well that is why I said "somewhat" Lee. That one was not so cut and dry. It was discussed with the mods and admins as it was in a gray area. Some members were offended. Others found it funny. As we often do here, we erred on the side of the children.

For what it's worth I enjoyed the story about the girls in the Home Depot parking lot. Having been accused of crossing the line once or twice, it's maddening to be told you have violated the community standard but somebody has to do it. I'm glad they do and I'm glad it's not my job.

I never saw the joke so I have no comment on that. But I appreciate a clean site. I'm glad someone keeps consistent ratings because movie ratings sure are not consistent. What's PG-13 today would have been R a few years ago. So I thank the administrators here for "erring" on the side of the children, as GB said.

Two other sites I belong to have frequent bannings. The rest it's kind of a take it and give it atmosphere which tends to weed out trolls anyway. The two that have trolls that get banned are scammers who scam people out of money, and the other one people get banned for stealing other people's identities.

Two other sites I belong to have frequent bannings. The rest it's kind of a take it and give it atmosphere which tends to weed out trolls anyway. The two that have trolls that get banned are scammers who scam people out of money, and the other one people get banned for stealing other people's identities.

Well, I don't think anyone will steal any identities around here!

One very active forum I belong to even has a closed thread titled "Banned Users" where the moderators post names of members who've been banned, including reason and duration.

We have all that information at our fingertips!

One very active forum I belong to even has a closed thread titled "Banned Users" where the moderators post names of members who've been banned, including reason and duration.
Our sites leaves the names in the member list, puts their name in a different color, and then changes their title to why they were banned. The funny part is the color is gray with a strike through it. You know, since you were speaking of gray.

I googled the joke. Heavy PG-13 IMO. Definitely not for this site.

Trolls are people who just go around to different boards and try to evoke conflict.

A sock puppet is a person who signs up again under another name to deceive others. We try to stay really up-to-date on multiple accounts and do not allow them for this very reason.

It seemed to me we had two of them recently, and I had never seen that since joining in March. One seems to have come and gone all in one day. The other, soon after.
But I would have called them something more than just a TROLL, had I the opportunity to meet them face to face. But I think we ignored them to death and they left of their own accord.
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! HEY!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom