The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had no idea of this rule......

Evidently a new inception as it appears there are a few who did not know of the rule. Also seems as though you have to leave at least 10 minutes in between posts as well.

If they want to have the rule then fine BUT at least format a standard for it such as - "Your restricted for 48 hours" or "your restricted until you have left 20 posts" AND let people know in advance, to me that is just a courtesy.

Evidently a new inception as it appears there are a few who did not know of the rule. Also seems as though you have to leave at least 10 minutes in between posts as well.

If they want to have the rule then fine BUT at least format a standard for it such as - "Your restricted for 48 hours" or "your restricted until you have left 20 posts" AND let people know in advance, to me that is just a courtesy.
When I joined and it happened to me (August 2023), I informed @dragnlaw about it. She was unaware as a fairly new mod. She contacted a boss mod about it. They knew nothing about it either. By the time all that occurred, the situation had righted itself.

I contacted someone called:

Cliff - The Social Knowledge Support TeamThe DiscussCooking.com Support Team

And this is what he said:

Thanks for contacting us. I see you have made quite a few posts. What restrictions are you referring to ?

Seems like no one knows about it ... :(

Thanks for contacting us. I see you have made quite a few posts. What restrictions are you referring to ?

I'm not the only one who had a lot to say out of the gate but we might be the only two! Maybe the "normal" new members just didn't say much at first. This feature may have been in place for a decade...

I'm not the only one who had a lot to say out of the gate but we might be the only two! Maybe the "normal" new members just didn't say much at first. This feature may have been in place for a decade...
The AI must have known that "these two seem like trouble." ;) I mean we have been spammed within minutes of some who make an account. 🤷‍♀️

Here's the scoop: As a spam avoidance mechanism, we limit the number of posts from new accounts for the first 3 days after joining. We dislike spam, most especially the sort delivered by people promoting their for-profit blogs and YouTube channels. Typically, once this limitation is discovered, they give up. Thanks for understanding.

@Kathleen

Hmm - "these two" ??? Really ... yu wanna see truble sport, just hang around and you'll see truble !!!

Trouble.jpg

I never did photograph well :(

Maybe it's the AI that needs to be restricted instead :) :) :)

@KatyCooks

"Be afraid ... be very afraid ...... !!!"

Aw it wont be that bad - at least NOT once I have caught up on the past three days or so that is ;) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom