Goji Berry (dried or fresh)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki

Senior Cook
So I've only recently heard about how amazing this little berry is. My husband's dad swears by goji berries, so I picked up a mixed fruit and nut mixture from the Bulk Barn, because it's mainly dried goji berries. (They're super expensive to buy on their own, but this mix was decently priced considering the massive quantity of goji berries in the mix, yay!)

Do any of you eat them? Do any of you know anything about them that's important to know?

I found a great article on them, with information and all that jazz on Health Benefits of Goji Berry with all of the health benefits, which is great and all... But do any of you use them in recipes or anything? What do they taste like fresh? I've been told it's hard to find them fresh here, and that dried is my best bet.

My wife puts a handful of the dried goji berries in water, adds a little lemon juice and agave syrup, and waits for them to plump up. You don't really infuse the water with goji, but the rehydrated berries taste great, with a tartness that reminds me a little of cranberries. You can also put them in smoothies and get the same rehydrated effect.

Back
Top Bottom