Meat/potato knishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking for different recipes for meat and or/potato knishes......anyone?
Thanks in advance:chef:
OK so the easy way out is to use store bought puff pastry. As for the fillingfor potato, boil the potatos until soft but not falling a part. Add in some fried onions and mash well. Season will salt and lots of pepper(in my opinion). You can cut squares or rounds of the puff and fill and seal brush with egg and top with sesame seeds and bake per the puff pastry's instructions. You can also wrap the filling in a log and slice it. Feel free to experiment and add other things to the filling like mushrooms or spinach but potato ussually makes a good base. You can do a similar thing with ground beef but you do not need to precook the beef.

Okay, good, thanks....I do have one that I make all the time....and get good reviews....just wanted to try something different. Here's my T&T recipe:Dough--2 c flour;2 eggs;1/4 c canola oil; about 1/4 c hot water.
Filling--Cooked meat (usually leftover brisket;roasted or fried potatoes. Lots of fried, almost carmelized onions(Videlia if possible); 2 eggs; lots of salt and pepper to taste.
Grind or Cuisinart everything but eggs. Remove to bowl; add eggs and seasonings to taste. Mix well. Roll dough fairly thin. Put mixture in long row along edge of dough. Roll as for jelly roll, about twice. Cut into serving pieces, brush with beaten egg if desired and bake until brown. Freezes very well.
Note.....to make cocktail size knishes, make a thin roll and cut into small pieces. For a meal type knish, roll much larger. ENJOY

Back
Top Bottom