I've Got Pork Chops For Dinner Tonight. How Should I Cook Them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sydfan

Senior Cook
No time for a marinade. Someone give me something easy and good to do with them!

Thanks!!!!!!

:chef:

No time to marinade?????

Sprinkle with Emeril's Essence and grill.

Coat with seasoned bread crumbs and bake.

Brown on both sides and bake with cream of mushroom soup. (I don't like this but you may)

put them in a baking dish with cut up potatoes, carrots, onion, some garlic,
some sauerkraut(if you like it) little dabs of butter, salt and pepper. and if you really want some extra flavor add a can of chopped tomatoes juice and all. cover and bake. undercoverr last few min. Chops come out very tender and veggies very flavored. yum yum

quick and easy... ok.... brown them in a little oil, season with salt and pepper.

Put them in an oven safe pan and open a can of mushroom soup. Pour over the top, add a can of mushrooms and some onions if you'd like. Serve over rice or noodles.

If they are thick, I like to stuff them with cheddar then coat with breadcrumbs, fry them in som evoo.

Another good way is breading them in panko. They are japanese breadcrumbs, you can find in the asian section of your grocery store. I mix my panko with parm cheese, dried sage and salt & pepper. Panko is great for sealing in the moisture, who like dry pork chops?:ermm: First I dip chops in flour then egg wash, then the panko. Sear in evoo, until browned on both sides and finish in a 425F degree oven about 20 mins.

How about some stuffed pork chops with fruit for sweetness? I have a great cranberry/apricot stuffing recipe for pork chops. Let me know if you'd like it.

mudbug said:
fried up with sliced apples and onions is my favorite way, but you've got some other great ideas here.

Oh Bug, that sounds so good. Do you dredge your chops in flour first?

Another quick way with chops is to put prepared Stove Top Stuffing in a baking dish, lay chops on dressing, and pour a can of cream of something soup over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until chops are tender. Uncover and bake a little more to crisp up the top. Warm up a can of green beans, and you've got supper. I like the Italian flat ones, called Roma.

The following is quite easy, though it includes a number of ingredients.

Crushed frosted mini wheats (enough to coat however many chops, both sides)
olive oil
chopped onion
ground mustard
whole, skinned tomatoes
brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
worcestershire sauce

Add the oil to a skillet and begin to cook the onion. Rinse the chops in cold water and liberally coat with the crushed frosted shredded wheat. Sear each side in the pan with oil & onion, and put them in a greased (non greased is okay, but murder to clean) baking pan. Place the tomatoes over the chops, and sprinkle the remaining dry ingredients (not the cereal) and add several dashes of worcestershire. Bake covered with aluminum foil for an hour, then uncovered for another 15 - 20 minutes.

middie said:
I'd opt for shake n bake myself lol
The other ideas sound really really good, but I'm going to opt with what you said, for ease!!!

:blush:

Constance said:
Oh Bug, that sounds so good. Do you dredge your chops in flour first?

Another quick way with chops is to put prepared Stove Top Stuffing in a baking dish, lay chops on dressing, and pour a can of cream of something soup over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until chops are tender. Uncover and bake a little more to crisp up the top. Warm up a can of green beans, and you've got supper. I like the Italian flat ones, called Roma.

No, I usually don't flour them, Connie, but that's a good idea. We eat pork around here a lot, so I am going to have to try all these nifty ideas, including yours.

Quicker than you'd think, and super easy. Fire up charcoal kettle. Just throw a bunch of charcoal in and douse with lighter fluid. Light and walk away. Prepare whatever else your cooking and get it started. By the time you are done with starting the sides, all of the lighter fluid will be burned off and the charcoal will be ready. Sprinkle chops with S & P and throw directly on the grill. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over and cook an addtional 5 minutes. Remove and serve with the sides. All is cooked in under an hour.

Great sides with this are apple-sauce, pineapple sweet & sour, stove-top stuffing, microwaved whole sweet potatoes, microwaved regular whole potatoes, doctored pork and beans (add some onion powder, a bit of yelow mustard, mollases, and brown sugar, or Splenda). A good cole-slaw is great with the chops as well. And if you like, you can brush your favorite bbq sauce, or a honey-mustard glaze on the chops after removing them from the grill.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Kim layed out some nice thick pork loin chops last night, and I was looking for something easy and different that I could put in the crockpot.
Here's what I'm trying.

I put the chops in the bottom of the crockpot (It's a big oval one) with a few baby carrots, topped with a box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix, then a layer if thin-sliced onions, and finally spread a can of cream of mushroom and roasted garlic soup (recipe called for crm of celery, but I didn't have any) over the top and added 1/2 can of water.
I've never tried anything like this before...we'll see what happens. The recipe claims they'll be extraordinarily moist and tender.

i made caribbean style pork chops last night that were really good.

first, i browned s&p'd chops in evoo, then tossed 3 tbsps of chopped garlic, and 2 tbsps of chopped ginger into the pan, along with a tiny pinch of freshly ground allspice. just 30 seconds later, as the garlic began to turn golden, i added 1/2 cup of white wine, the cubed flesh of a mango, and a handful of extra hot pickled peppers and onions. i covered the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes to finish the chops. when the chops were cooked thru, i plated them, then added a tbsp of brown sugar to the pan of mango, wine, and peppers/onions, and turned the heat up to reduce. when thickened a little, it was spooned over ther chops.

chops

buckytom said:
i made caribbean style pork chops last night that were really good.

first, i browned s&p'd chops in evoo, then tossed 3 tbsps of chopped garlic, and 2 tbsps of chopped ginger into the pan, along with a tiny pinch of freshly ground allspice. just 30 seconds later, as the garlic began to turn golden, i added 1/2 cup of white wine, the cubed flesh of a mango, and a handful of extra hot pickled peppers and onions. i covered the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes to finish the chops. when the chops were cooked thru, i plated them, then added a tbsp of brown sugar to the pan of mango, wine, and peppers/onions, and turned the heat up to reduce. when thickened a little, it was spooned over ther chops.

they do sound good buckytom and this one different which I will try. what did you fix with them? did everybody like them? mango is different. thanks
could you tell me one thing? about how long did you let them 'cook'?

lol itk, the pickled peppers that i used were so hot that dw took one bite, ran for the sink, and mumbled something on the way out the door to get pizza, shoving buttered bread in her mouth. :devilish:

i guess i should have tasted them first. they were an old jar of my own pickled peppers and onions from my garden from a few years ago. the seal was still intact, so they were still good. and still very hot.

i browned them about half way done at first, then simmered them for only about 7 or 8 minutes after covering the pan, checking for doneness by poking them with my finger. when they're just frim, they're done.

oh, i just made plain brown rice to go on the side.

BT, your Carribean-style chops sound delicious. Tell me, if you would, how to choose a ripe mango. I don't know what to look for.

My chops turned out wonderful! The stuffing steamed on top of the chops, and the soup and onions turned into a gravy. I stuck a meat fork in the side of a chop, and it just broke away.
Jesse just got home from school, and he was my taste tester. His comment was, "Yum Yum!"

The only problem is, they got ready about 5 hours early. I had them cooking on low...my new crockpot definately cooks faster than my older ones did. I turned the pot off, and we'll dish up and reheat in the microwave when we're ready to eat.

Back
Top Bottom