Need prayers for my son

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
my oldest son got hurt at his game tonight. He was
pitching and the guy batting hit the ball and it line drived right into my sons
pitching elbow. I thought it hit his pitching hand. He has some swelling but turned out it was his elbow....he
can move it.......so far I don't think the bones chipped. I called his trainer
right from the ballstadium and told him what took place and he's to go see him
in the morning.....he was away at another game.... since he was able to move it
with no problem and not centralized pain. Send prayers up for him so that its
nothing.....he's got a gift and I pray he'll just be out a few weeks tops to
recoup.
I could see the look on his face when it happened he was hurt and he was mad :) but he wasn't about to let anyone know but mom knew. Bless his heart he was blessed with my sides temper......thank god he can contain it like I do but it only takes a look at our faces and you know :) . He's 18 but when I saw him hurting and not trying to let anyone know my heart sank. My middle son said, "Mom he's 18 he's not a baby". But I told him he may be 60 and he'll always be my baby as will the other 2. I just wanted to run to him but wasn't sure if that would be frowned on by the coaches or what....I didn't know if they handled this situation themselves.....plus usually the trainer is at the games...this is high school we're talking but I looked at his dad and he gave the ok sign because he knew I wanted to see for myself he was ok.

I hope everything works out Sizz! I bet you were in as much pain watching that as he was feeling.

Hopefully he will recover from this. Baseball is hard on people. Funny about your second son's comment. I don't think we ever quit worrying. Mine's almost 22 and I always am.

sizz being a mom i can see how you were probably in more pain than he was. hope it's nothing serious and everything will be okay.

Sizz, my knees went wobbly reading that account. Both my girls play ball, one catcher, one pitcher, I live in fear that the pitcher will eat the ball. Never thought about the elbow. OW!!! Many prayers that he will be OK. Prayers for your sanity too. HUG!

Thanks everyone! He's doing ok......still has some swelling but he's able to move it without any pain. I think he just ended up with some tissue damage.....thank God! He's a tough cookie......I'd of fallen to my knees and balled like a baby.:) Thanks again!

Whew! I was holding my breath for your son, Sizz, hoping that nothing serious happened to his elbow. Such a fragile bone, in some ways.

sizz, hope he's ok. i'm still waiting to see him in yankee stadium!

i disocated my elbow in high scool playing a game of pick-up football. my arm looked like a "t". after setting it, and lots of rehab, it healed up as good as new.
i'm sure your son will be fine!!

tell him to ask the doc if he will be able to play piano ok. (when the doc says "of course, you'l be fine", he should respond "thank god, i stunk at it before... :rolleyes: )

You will always feel your childrens pain, no matter how old they are. That comes with being a parent.
Prayers are being sent your way.
Marge

Sizz, having had 4 kids and all of them into sports, I was harrowing at times...When you mention going out to your son, I remember my oldest telling me,"mom if i get hurt, DONOT come out where I am" Sure enough, the next week a kid slide into him at second and tore his knww up pretty good. Of course I was there and the coaches, didn't want to take responsibility so old mom was called out..My son about had a COW..He got so angry at me the coaches...You can bet that hurt him a lot. So from then on, it was white knuckle time, but, I behaved and stayed put from then on...I became an expert at holding my breath:) I'm praying there is no serious damage to your boy, you both will be in my prayers.
kadesma
Hang in there mom, it will be OK:)

Back
Top Bottom