Help me make soup, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
I have half of a rotisserie chicken, some lentils, onions, carrots. Tell me some nice things to add to my soup.

I'd add... some chicken broth and or veggie broth some minced garlic ( I always add garlic) Mushrooms? Tomatoes or tomato sauce always adds a nice touch to a lentil soup good luck! I bet your house is going to smell WONDERFUL!

on the noodles.. boil them separately and then just pour your soup on top of them right in the bowls. The noodles won't get over cooked and gooey.

Ok, I've got the chicken broth, celery salt(my celery didn't look very good) minced garlic -it is smelling really good - and quite tasty already. I'll have to add more seasoning as the lentils get done. What else?

I will add a bit of dill and some corn - may save cabbage for the salad. It is looking and tasting very good. A bit like stone soup........

Pancetta or bacon, smoked if possible. These would go really well with the lentils (even more so if your lentils are of the brown/green variety) and the chicken.

I stopped after the dill and corn. It tastes very good. It will be interesting to see what dh says about it - He doesn't know I took directions from everywhere. I also made Paula's recipe for lemon curd, but it doesn't come out as translucent as my mom's does. It tastes great tho. I'm using it on some little shortcake cookies and having strawberries. Oh, I forgot, we are having a sandwich also. I took rolls and sliced off the top and bottom to make very thin slices, put melted butter with minced onion and poppy seeds on the bread and layered deli ham and the new grated cheese that is flavored - italian types. Will panini them. Hope it is good!

Sorry I'm a bit late but to lentil soup always add a smidgen, OK a splash and a half, or Worcestershire sauce.

Thanks to all who gave me ideas. I did try to put worcestershire in, but couldn't find it. Someone who HELPED me in the kitchen has hidden it. DH really liked it - ate 2 big bowlsful.

Back
Top Bottom