New to cooking in Wyoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meatatarian

Assistant Cook
Greetings from The Cowboy State! I am a new member, and really new to cooking. My wife and I realized we weren't spending enough time together, so both of us found a common thing we like to do together, cooking. I really have a great time with it, but think I'm a horrible cook. Any help and suggestions I can get along the way would be great. My wife is awesome with it, and I want to be able to equally contribute. Plus, we're looking for some good ideas of meals we can do together. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Greetings from The Cowboy State! I am a new member, and really new to cooking. My wife and I realized we weren't spending enough time together, so both of us found a common thing we like to do together, cooking. I really have a great time with it, but think I'm a horrible cook. Any help and suggestions I can get along the way would be great. My wife is awesome with it, and I want to be able to equally contribute. Plus, we're looking for some good ideas of meals we can do together. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Welcome to DC! I grew up in Laramie!

Have fun and take a look around, there are great ideas all over! The BBQ gang will be coming by...:LOL:

:chef:Hi neighbor! I am just a three hour drive away down here in Colorado! I know you will like it here. I am the cheif cook here at my house, but my hubby is really good on the grill! I like it that way when it is cold out! Stick around and you will have lots of great ideas!

:chef:Hi neighbor! I am just a three hour drive away down here in Colorado! I know you will like it here. I am the cheif cook here at my house, but my hubby is really good on the grill! I like it that way when it is cold out! Stick around and you will have lots of great ideas!

I like to grill outside and cook inside both! I'm just new to it all and kinda suck at it right now. I need all the help and pointers I can get!!

Welcome to DC. Jump right in, look around, and ask questions. Lots of knowledgeable people to help you.

Since you're looking for a togetherness thing, can I recommend making pasta from scratch? As newlyweds my husband and I laughed over almost always successes, but a couple of "oops" as well!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll get tons of ideas on here of things to cook with my wife. We both are big time into "comfort food." I know most of this stuff isn't the politically correct food, but its the food thats somewhat simple to make, and tastes awesome. The kind of food that makes you want to take a nap when you're done eating it. That's when you know you've done good. :chef:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll get tons of ideas on here of things to cook with my wife. We both are big time into "comfort food." I know most of this stuff isn't the politically correct food, but its the food thats somewhat simple to make, and tastes awesome. The kind of food that makes you want to take a nap when you're done eating it. That's when you know you've done good. :chef:

No such thing as politically correct food around here. Any food and food combination that tastes good is perfect.:)

glad to have you here. i have been cooking for fifty odd some years. i still learn things here.

I'm literally still a beginner, as in just past the microwave meal stage. I used to consider myself a Microwave Chef, but I discovered cooking was fun and wanted to learn about it.

Welcome!! I am new to DC too. That is a great way to bond your relationship! How special. :] I wish I could convince my boyfriend to get in the kitchen with me! lol Sometimes he mixes and puts things into the oven.... but measuring can be just too much for him lol. I hope you enjoy it here and find some great recipes to do together!

Back
Top Bottom