Favorite Condiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what I am eating but I have to say my three favorites are Heinz ketchup, mustards of all types, and Franks Red Hot hot sauce. Mmmmm

Wow...sounds like mayo and hot sauce are the winners. I was sure there would be at least one fellow ranch lover. I guess I'm alone on this one. :blush:

Yes, Miracle Whip is a salad dressing, but people use it like Mayonnaise. I don't think I'd like it on salad either.
I have actually had it on salad (not as is, but with some additions), and it was ok. Not my favorite, but ok. I prefer to use it as I would mayonnaise, on sandwiches, potato salad, etc. :cool:

Wow...sounds like mayo and hot sauce are the winners. I was sure there would be at least one fellow ranch lover. I guess I'm alone on this one. :blush:

Ranch is popular with my wife and daughter. My daughter doesn't like cooked veggies, so on many nights, we have raw veggies with our dinner. They use it to dip their veggies in. I try and stay away from any kind of white creamy condiment. Usually calorie laden. I prefer getting my excess calories from beer.:LOL:

Rocklobster said:
Ranch is popular with my wife and daughter. My daughter doesn't like cooked veggies, so on many nights, we have raw veggies with our dinner. They use it to dip their veggies in. I try and stay away from any kind of white creamy condiment. Usually calorie laden. I prefer getting my excess calories from beer.:LOL:

lol! you and my husband both! thanks for making not feel like such an oddball. haha

I hate ketchup and don't use it on anything. I am not a fan of "yellow" mustard either, though I love dijon or stone ground or a sweet / honey mustard, but I use those to cook with not to really smear on anything. Probably because I'm not a huge sandwich fan, I guess? I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird. :stuart:

I hate ketchup and don't use it on anything. I am not a fan of "yellow" mustard either, though I love dijon or stone ground or a sweet / honey mustard, but I use those to cook with not to really smear on anything. Probably because I'm not a huge sandwich fan, I guess? I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird. :stuart:

Have you ever tried a good homemade ketsup? I used to detest the sweet, icky stuff. My ex used a lot of it. I ended up with a whole lot of tomatoes and had already canned a bunch and made tomato relish (and canned it). So, I figured, what the heck, I'll make some ketsup for him.

Oh my! What a difference. It was so tasty (apparently ketsup means "taste" in some South East Asian language) I was realy surprised. I even put it on my eggs!

:LOL: I like yellow mustard and hate dijon and honey mustard! :flowers:

ooh Thanks, Taxlady. 18-lbs of tomatoes is a huge amount! but I'll do some digging around to see if I can find one that makes a smaller batch using yours as a guideline.

Barbara, I guess we'd have to have a BYOC (bring your own condiment) kind of lunch together! heheh

I almost forgot, when I make Braunschweiger and cheese sandwiches, I like to use Miracle Whip and a little wasabi. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom