Gourmet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, I'm finally giving in and getting rid of a collection of Gourmet magazines going back to 1987. I'm going to pull out a few every day and razor out what I might use. They simply take up too much space in a house that doesn't have a lot of storage space. I used to refer to them quite a bit, but there is so much on line nowadays that it's time for them to go.

So it will be a sentimental journey. Boohoo.

You might also wish to contact some local elementary schools - many of them use magazines for the little kids to cut pictures out of to make collages or use for flash cards, word associations, spelling, etc.

It will be hard Claire - I 'down-sized quite a bit a few months ago...i still have a feeling I will miss what I got rid of. But, like you, the mags I kept were beginning to overwhelm me!

We have a company here that takes care of your ebay for a percentage. It's worth it to me.

I can take whatever I want down to them. They take the pics, write up the narrative and put it on ebay for a week.

I still have some from this year that I haven't read! I've been taking my excess mags to my daughter's orthodontist's office every month. The ladies who work there all know my name now.

I had to do the same also such a heartbreak, I donated some to the senior centers, and the others I was very suprised that goodwill stores in my area took them also.

Back
Top Bottom