Funny Looking Cake Pan Set.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Does anyone else have or seen this cake pan set? It's a funny looking set where you can use several of them together. And it's called Bake'n Fill by Betty Crocker.:ermm:

It comes with 4 pieces;

1. Insert pan which looks like half a ball.

2. Tall pan which looks like a Dutch oven.

3. Base pan which is a regular-size cake pan.

4. Dome pan which looks almost like a colander.

You start by pouring a box cake batter into the Tall Pan, you then place the insert pan over that, then you pour some of the batter into that one. You then pour some of the batter into the Base Pan.:)

You bake the cakes altogether at the same time. When done, you fill the indentation left by the Insert Pan in the Tall Pan's cake either with frosting, fruit, Ice cream, etc.. Then you put the cake from the Base Pan over that, invert the entire thing onto a plate, frost it and it looks like a tall Mile-High
cake.:chef:

Or you can use the Dome pan and Base Pan to make a cake that looks like half a baseball or basket ball and decorate it that way for the kids!:chef:

I bought this set but haven't tried it out yet, and was wondering if any of you might have tried it already. I couldn't possilbly eat all that cake even in a few sittings, so it will have to be made for someone who's birthday is approaching. Your thoughts and comments please?:ermm: Thank you.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words.

One of my DILs has it and loves it - she is the cake baker in the family and does of lot of specialty cakes for my grand-daughter's school and church functions, and she also does wedding cakes. I think she has a cake pan shape for every holiday!

Yes, that's the one!

You must be the Picture Guy! Yeah, I forgot to mention that it now comes in the Bundt form also. Now in the Mini Set as well.

And the original set looks like it uses more than one box of cake mix, I'm pretty sure. At least two. One or both of my K'Aid Stand Mixers should handle it if I were to use the set.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Hi Michael in FtW;

I checked out the site. They offered a video so you could see this thing in action, as I don't quite get it yet and the link did not work...

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until someone I know shows off some of there prize baking... :chef:

I didn't see a link to a video.

Probably because the Pop-up Blocker is in use for Norton Internet Security.
I'll have to wait until someone either invites me to a party of asks me to make a cake for one before I use the set.

~Corey123.

I Have That!

I got mine for christmas and I used it, but forgot to take a picture of the final cake, sorry. But the pans do work really well and the final cake, provided you follow the directions, will come out perfect. I used the pan that looks like a half ball and the pan that looks like a colander. It came out great, I used white cake mix, butter cream frosting, and strawberry jam as the filling. Have fun with it.:chef:

Corey123 said:

I didn't see a link to a video.

~Corey123.

On the top of the page there are some red tabs. I tryed it again just now and it still doesn't work???

Marishka_20 said:
I got mine for christmas and I used it, but forgot to take a picture of the final cake, sorry. But the pans do work really well and the final cake, provided you follow the directions, will come out perfect. I used the pan that looks like a half ball and the pan that looks like a colander. It came out great, I used white cake mix, butter cream frosting, and strawberry jam as the filling. Have fun with it.:chef:

Sounds like fun...

middie said:
I saw that on t.v. It looked really neat but it's not something I'd use alot so I didn't get it.

That of course is the practical way of seeing it. When you buy a speciallty item you have to say to yourself, 'how often will I use it, how hard do I have to plan so that I can use it and prorate the cost, somehow. :ermm:

But it still sounds like fun. My son is no longer a kid by the way and since he lives in China, I don't think I will be making cakes for his kids for a while.

I've seen that set of pans advertised and now see them in stores--I'm very tempted to buy one,but just worried the end result would be nothing like what is showen.....still might be fun trying

I guess I could make a smaller cake for myself with the half-ball-shaped pans instead of the big monster one.

That would spoil before I can eat it all. And there's no room in either freezer, so that out as well.

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom