It Was Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...The inside bottoms of the most used are silver now from all the stirring. The coating is gone, but they still cook so good...

Interesting. You're cooking with raw aluminum. Do you notice any off flavors or colors with acidic ingredients?

Interesting. You're cooking with raw aluminum. Do you notice any off flavors or colors with acidic ingredients?

No. But I never thought about it either. Might there be any issue?
I use this pan the absolute most of any pan in the kitchen.
Hence, the wear.

No. But I never thought about it either. Might there be any issue?
I use this pan the absolute most of any pan in the kitchen.
Hence, the wear.

As yo may have guessed from my post, cooking acidic ingredients in raw aluminum pots can result in off flavors or colors.

I don't see that OP's set or brand name listed at Costco's site.

Costco.com doesn't necessarily carry the same stuff as the stores. In fact, different stores have different inventories. I have often heard others talk about a specific item and not found it at my Costco.

My MIL used to use metal utensils with her non-stick pans. Lots of the non-stick was scratched off but she kept using it. We asked her boys if they thought she was cooking with lots of pepper. (black specks throughout the food.)

Back
Top Bottom