Scanpan Outer Finish Scuffing Badly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summertime

Assistant Cook
Have you had this problem? I have a 7 piece set of non-stick Classic. I'm very happy with its non-stick properties and how well it cooks. However, I was drying my 12" fry pan and noticed that at the bottom edge of the pan, the dark gray finish is worn down to it's shiney silver inner surface.

To better describe the place it's wearing: When I'm holding the fry pan, I slide the front edge across the glass top surface of my stove and then bring it to rest. Apparently the act of sliding it across the glass top has worn the gray outer finish off. It's hard to believe the outer surface is so sensitive.

When my set arrived I remember unpacking them and I noticed that some pans/pots had scuff marks from handles of one rubbing against another. I thought then that Scanpan does not pack their products very well. Several years ago I bought an inexpensive Wearever stainless set and each one was perfect. The difference was that each one was firmly resting in a MOLDED package and had no contact with the others. (We DO know how to package things in the ole USA!)

I could return it to Scanpan because it's just six months old, but the scuffing would probably happen again since the surface is so soft. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Back
Top Bottom