Thursday's Dinner 11/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Mini Meat Loaf, Mashed Idaho with Brown Gravy, Honeyed Carrots...

Meat Loaf , Mini 11-4-21.jpg

We're cleaning out the refrigerator as we get ready to leave for vacation on Monday. Himself ate most of the bean soup; I had a salad with leftover shrimp from yesterday.

I'm making a homemade sub sandwich with Italian dressing, honey smoked turkey, sharp white cheddar and lettuce, tomato and onion (using up what's left of my homegrown tomatoes).

On the side: zucchini fries.

I tried out a new-to-me Danish recipe involving hot dogs and cream. It was supposed to be Danish red sausages. These are the ones you get at their hot dog stands. They aren't really a hot dog, but are used that way. I can't get that around here. I used some Polish sausage in hot dog shape instead. It's a strange sounding dish, but I thought it might be good, and it was. It was seasoned with a small amount of Madras curry, as indicated in the recipe. There was also tomato ketchup in the recipe, but I thought about what would make a good substitute in this case and decided on a bit of Worcestershire sauce and some fish sauce. That covers the umami and vinegar notes that the ketchup would have supplied. It was served over brown basmati rice and it was surprisingly good. I will definitely be using this as inspiration for other meals. There were also frozen peas thrown in for the last minute or so. Had some corn on the side.

Attachments

• Piratens pølsegryde.jpg
    Piratens pølsegryde.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 32
  • Piratens pølsegryde Stirling's plate 2.jpg
    Piratens pølsegryde Stirling's plate 2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 31
Had a late Doctor appointment so, decided to try a Mexican restaurant I'd read about.

Hole in the wall in a strip mall but, great flavored food. Jeannie had shrimp tacos and I had a birria taco and a chile rellenos plate.
Took a poor quality pic to tease SIL. [emoji6]IMG_20211104_150922730.jpg

We had steak, taters and zuke. 1 large rib eye that i cut in half, horizontally, done on the gas grill. Twice baked potatoes from our freezer and zucchini with tomatoes. It was very good and just enough to fill us up. Sorry, forgot the pictures!

Good ol' Mac & Cheese, sort of.

Whole wheat pasta. Used oatmilk for the sauce. The cheese was mostly vegan sharp cheddar with a bit of parmesan to amp it up.

NrfMbTm.jpg

Topped with Panko crumbs, paprika and parsley, with a light spray of olive oil. Salad of butter lettuce and greenhouse tomatoes. Glass of Harken chardonnay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom